Lip is bruised!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naysha

Reaction score
Sorry I don't know if it's the right forum
My bunny today fell down on her face. She tilted her head all the way to the back and I think her eyes also rolled. I got worried and started petting her. She seemed fine. She seemed fine all her limbs are alright. She's pooping, eating food. But she keeps grinding her teeth. For an hour or two she seemed fine. After a while I checked her again and saw her lip is bruised. She seems in pain. She can't groom herself using her left lip which is swollen. I don't know what to do.

I'm thinking maybe dental issues? Have you had her checked by the vet already? If not you might want to get an xray to see if her teeth are okay :)

Do you have a rabbit vet that you can take your rabbit to? It would be good to have the teeth checked to make sure that nothing got damaged, and your rabbit may need to be put on an anti inflammatory for the bruising and pain. If your rabbit also stops eating or is not eating very much, then you would also need the vet to instruct you on syringe feeding your rabbit until your rabbit is eating on her own again.

Latest posts

Back