Licky bun!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky_2017

Reaction score
Hi guys! I feel like my rabbit officially loves my now. He loves to groom my now by giving me delicate little licks. But we have some sort of deal, as soon as I start rubbing his ears, he’ll start licking something, anything even himself. But when I stop he stops, does your bunny do this?

Also, my rabbit circles me and buzzes like a bee, WHATS THAT?

Last edited:
You are correct, the licking signifies your rabbit grooming you - high praise indeed! The circling is hormonal "I really like you" behavior, ours did this as well before he was neutered. He still does it once in a while but rarely. The "buzzing" is likely the satisfied teeth grinding that rabbits do when they are feeling good - similar to a cat purring.

Beware however, if you hear this sound while your rabbit is exhibiting other signs of being distressed (like if he is sick, or behaving oddly). I've heard they can also grind their teeth when they are distressed. This is not what you are hearing when he makes the sound as he circles you - that is the good kind. :)

Latest posts

Back