Licking

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RossB

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I’m new I have to beautiful buns called Marnie and Declan :)

Marnie loves to lick everything bless her!!
But I’ve got some paranoia that I would like to ask you guys about,
I know buns lick to clean themselves, but can they get ill from what they lick?
Mainly human food, or more to the point the greasy remains, like if I eat sweet or crisps etc and forget to wash my hands or touch something else that she might lick will it hurt them? Or if I drink or eat something and then give them kisses on there head / back could that hurt them?

They are both vaccinated up to date and all that, sorry it might be a bit paranoid, but I’m in the middle of a vicious circle of self doubt atm

Thanks everyone! :)

She will be just fine just make sure you are not giving her any of that food. One of my rabbits snuck a drink of my sweet tea he was fine but I won't give it to him intentionally. A lick is not going to hurt.

Thank you for replying :D

So I don’t need to wash my hands and face after everything I eat anymore? I get so worried I have the food oils/grease is going to hurt them and then I worry I’ve spread it on to other things in the house...

I know it’s silly but I’m very OCD about the bums health :)

Thank you :) do u think a baby wipe would be good enough for my face? I have bad skin sometimes and washing my face a fair amount hurts my skin lol

Latest posts

Back