licking

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cookiemonster

Reaction score
Since Silver had her babies she has been licking me every time i pet her... why would she do this??? she has never done it before.. could it be the motherly instincts in her???

It could be, or it could be she's needing salt/minerals due to nursing. Is she getting enough pellets? She should basically be getting unlimited pellets(or close to) while she is nursing, for the extra nutrients she needs to nurse. Might also be a good idea to provide a salt and/or mineral lick.

Otherwise, she could just be feeling more affectionate right now cause of the mommy hormones.

I have the same thing happening to me! My doe keeps licking my hand and I found out that she did it because she thought I was one of her babies (due to me holding them and the smell was on my hands) but I also think she does it because she accepts you and doesn’t mind you invading her privacy ;)

thats interesting... i kind of thought that it was that she thought that i was one of her babies because i had been playing with them..

Latest posts

Back