Licking the wall

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweetie

Reaction score
Hi there everyone! While I am cleaning the rabbit area, I cleaned Pudden's cage and he was out hopping around. I noticed that he was licking the wall. I am perplexed by this, because he has been doing this for a week or so now. Why does he lick the wall? Has anyone dealt with this before? What can I do to get him to stop? Will it hurt him to lick the wall? Please help!

Sometimes rabbits will lick things near them when you are petting them, to show they approve of your petting. But if he is just out hopping around and licking the wall, could maybe be something spilled on there that you can't see, that tastes good. That's all I can think of. Just as long as he doesn't start chewing, I don't think that licking is going to cause any harm, if it's not old lead based paint on the wall.

That is my main concern. I don't know if the paint is lead based, so I have to ask the maintenance team here at the apartments. I move his cage away from the wall. I don't want him to get sick.

Most likely it's not unless you are in a really old home that hasn't been repainted in decades, cause lead paint hasn't been used in a really long time. If you are in an apartment, then it would be very unlikely to have lead based paint, as the walls in apartments have to be repainted constantly, and paint now adays, doesn't have lead.

Latest posts

Back