Lethargic bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JingleBellTheBunny

Reaction score
I'm very concerned for bullseye. he hasn't been eating a lot of his cecotropes and he's not being himself. He's acting very lethargic. usually he's very happy and he'll run around, especially when I take him out to his x-pen. today he kinda just sat there. I'm very worried about him. My parents said that they wanna know what you guys think before sending him off to the vet. I recently started giving him cilantro, did it make him sick? That's what my parents think. If anyone knows what's wrong with him, I'd be very grateful.

Is he still eating and drinking at all? Is he pooping normal fecal balls and what does his urine look like? Are his cecotropes coming out looking normally formed like blackberry clusters, or are they coming out looking malformed and pasty at all? If there is any chance the cilantro could be causing upset, I would stop it for now.

Is he still eating and drinking at all? Is he pooping normal fecal balls and what does his urine look like? Are his cecotropes coming out looking normally formed like blackberry clusters, or are they coming out looking malformed and pasty at all? If there is any chance the cilantro could be causing upset, I would stop it for now.

He's not drinking a ton. he is eating slowly.His poops are normal and his urine. His cecotropes are squished when they come out, but they're still kinda circular. I wasn't planning on giving him any cilantro. Should I take him to the vet just to be safe?

I saw your other thread about the odd poop. It looks like it could be a malformed cecotrope. If so and his cecals aren't look like normal looking blackberry clusters when they first come out, then that would indicate a disruption of the microflora in the cecum. It could possibly be from the cilantro, and if so will hopefully return to normal once it's worked it's way out of his system. So that would just be a matter of waiting for the food to get passed through the digestive tract and out.

So it could be an upset stomach from the cilantro and it will pass as long as he continues to eat, or there could be something else going on. No way to know for sure. If you have any doubts, always best to have your bun seen by an experienced rabbit vet. And most certainly get to a vet if he stops eating, stops producing normal fecal poop and it becomes watery or pudding like diarrhea, develops bloat, and/or his condition deteriorates at all.

https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/rabbit-...abbit-friendly-vets/rabbit-friendly-vet-list/

Latest posts

Back