Let me show you my Pokemans

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saudade

Reaction score
So as some of you know I am a massive nerd, now I wouldn't say I'm a Milhouse but I am a nerd for all things Japanese. Recently my friend got me in to Gashapon (Gachapon), these are plastic balls that hold a little toy in them, you put a coin in to the machine, turn the mechanism and the ball pops out.

I love little statues, they're cute, I also love Pokemon, I've started collecting the Gashaspon (Capsule Balls) that have the pokemon statues in them and this is what i have so far.

My favourites so far have been the latest ones I've found which include a little human statue for size reference.
They come in little pokeballs and you buy them individually from the supermarket, though they are packaged so you can't work out which is which I can tell by checking through the tiny holes.

IMGP0998.jpg

So here are the ones I picked up of them today,

IMGP0996.jpg

IMGP0992.jpg

IMGP0991.jpg

IMGP0995.jpg

These are the ones I have gotten from a machine so far, they come in these balls but they're random.

IMGP0999.jpg

IMGP1009.jpg

IMGP1004.jpg

So yeah I'm a massive nerd, I do nerdy things, I love my nerdy statues, what you wanna fight about it? (Kidding)

But yeah I never had a childhood so these are awesomely cute...

I love pokemon!!!I wish we those in the UK! I'm currently saving up to get the platinum ds game, epcot at disney has a large pokemon area in Japan and I sooooo wanted a cuddly Piplup! I'm going to try get one next year!

Don't bother saving up for platinum, Heart Gold/Soul Silver has just been released, they're DS remakes of the old Gold/Silver/Crystal games.

thanks for that I'll get one of those instead then, didn't think you could get them in the Uk but some searching around has lead to me seeing that they will be availible in 2010.

My kids love pokemon too, you can get the balls with figure inside in uk, they are in the sweet sections of tescos with sweets inside abit like a kinder egg but pokemon type.
Also last year i bought my little boy a plush mantyke from ebay so i am sure you would be able to get a piplup too. My little boy loves piplup aswell xx

my kids have grown out of pokemon - one used to collect the cards also. i just remember having to dust the little:censored2:... i also remember the little bits of blu tac used to stop them falling over:).that said, the blue ones in the third pic do look good, and the last one on the keyboard looks sooo cute:D

When I was about 10-13, when it first started airing over here, I was in love with Pokemon, I mean, you'll still find me with my DS with FireRed/Ruby/Diamond/Mystery Dungeon in it, but I don't buy as much of the action figures/toys as I used to. That doesn't mean I don't have every single thing I bought from that era in my closet. Ugh, a binder full of cards (arranged in order for the first 150! there are a sad amount of empty spaces) and a bunch of little toys I bought at small chinese stores around a few cities. It's a pretty nice collection if I do say so! I don't have any of the newer pokemon though, and those ones look nice. Oh, and I have a few of the gold-plated Burger King cards in their little poke-balls too. I haven't even looked at them, I'm sure they're disgusting by now. I think I even have the little Pokedex they released too. Not that it works anymore.

I was clearly apart of the cool crowd growing up. Sigh.

So I picked up two more of the big pokeballs from a different set, I got a sky form/normal form shaymin which is TINY and a giratina which is almost as big as lucy when she's loafed.

I'll post pics a little later.

Latest posts

Back