Leos dead, Alans here, Dads Gone

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnylover78642

Reaction score
Some of you know that I had gotten a rabbit about 2 weeks ago named Niki. She was adorable and I absolutely lover her. But her leg broke and we had to take her to the vets office. Well we wanted to set it but the way it was broken there was no way to hold it into her bone and it had punctured the skin by this time. The vet said we should put her down and so we did.

Then my dad died on Sunday the 15th. He was suffering a lot and killed himself. Me and my sister were the next of kin so we were in charge of his remains and personal items and such. We decided to do a memoral this weekend and got a friend to take care of the animals (pictures coming soon).

Then on the way there (we had to drive for 4 days!) we got a call that said that Leo (my mini rex red buck) had passed on from a heat stroke. I was so upset and couldn't stop crying. His body is in the freezer but we are not sure what we are going to do with him yet.

Alan is still here but I am thinking of selling him, the cages, and all my supplies. I feel empty without Leo, like there is no point in raising rabbits or owning one. I might keep him because I always feel happy when holding him though. I haven't been on much because I have been feeling low.

Then we got back to school and it turns out I have like 100 pages of homework to do and I dont understand it! So now Im stuck staring at all these pages that make no sense! Well I just thought I would share. Hope yall didn't miss me to much.

I'm sorry that so much has happened in such a short ammount of time in your life. It's weird how quickly our lives can spin out of control. I know what you mean about being upset about losing your loved ones (father and the bunnies), when my Theodore passed away, I didn't even touch his cage or take anything out of it for a couple of months. When my grandfather passed away of cancer, I didn't go to school for a week. Just take heart, and try to stay positive. Things can only get better, right?

I'm so sorry to hear about all the sad things that you have gone through.

I will say a prayer for all your loved ones you have recently lost.

I think you should keep Allan and maybe he can help you heal by giving you the unconditional love that you deserve right now.

I know it's probably really hard for you to think that things will get better for you.

Soooska:bunnyangel:

I'm so very, very, sorry. You must feel terribly overwhelmed by life now.

You are in my thoughts.

Pam

Joscelyn had been our Host here at Rabbits Only, but she had also quietly been working on helping set up a new Breeds section forour Resource Center -- most of us didn't even notice. Then we didn'tsee her here much for a month or more.

Last week,a little voice out of the blue said to me, 'find Joscelyn!' I went to check to see when she last logged on, took a really good look and sawall thewonderful work she had done for RO. Seeing as myself and the other Modshad long talked about extending an invite to her to join us,I thought that it was a good time, and fired off an email.

It turns out I probably heard the little voice just as Leo was on his way to theBridge. I like to think that it was Leo who tapped me on the shoulder to tell me she was hurting and toask me toreach out to her.

I didn't want to say anything until Joscelyn herself told people what had happened, but now that she has,we all wish to extend our deepest condolences to herin light of these verysadevents.

And here's a thanks to Leo for reminding me thatJoscelyn is a very special person. I've always firmly believed that she has the attitude, the passionand the skills to be successful at whatever she wants to do in the future, and I've wantedto watch that happen.I hope I never lose track of her again.

So sorry, Joscelyn, :hug1. We're here for you. (You've always been here for us. You've always been here for everybody).

:ripLeo, Nikiand Joscelyn's Daddy

sas and the forum

Im so sorry to hear about all the terrible loss you have suffered. I cant imagine how much pain you are in right now.

Just know that we are here for you, all of us, if you need to talk. I hope that you are able to keep Alan and let him be there for you in this very difficult time. It helps to have somebunny to hold while you cry..

Youre in my prayers

-Haley:pray:

Oh Joscelyn! I am sooo very sorry. I cant begin to image the pain you are in right now. I haven't even been close to the amount of loss you have had. I am praying for you and your family.

As far as Alan goes, give it some time. Don't do anything rash that you will regret in the future when you are feeling somewhat better. If you still feel the same a month or so later, then go ahead and sell him. You may need him to help you through this.

We all love you here and you will always have a shoulder to lean on with any of us. Please just ask!

Oh Joscelyn, I don't know what to tellyou. I can't even imagine how you feel right now and can't even begin to express my sorrow.

After reading a few of your posts, I can tell what a wonderful, caring and amazing rabbit owner and person you are. You are truly amazing. I recently lost my heart bunny Pepsi and thought about giving Pebbles away. I just felt like the spark of my life hadgone and everything I did had been for nothing. I can't begin to tell you how glad I am I had rethought giving her away. It really helps to have a rabbit there to help you cope.

Listen to your heart, we're here for you.

:hug2

Joscelyn, I'm so very sorry for your losses. You've been through way too much. I know you feel that you should stop keeping rabbits, but I think you should keep Alan for at least a couple of weeks. Animals have a wonderful way of being there when you need them. I'd never have gotten through my ex-boyfriend's suicide without my cats. If you still feel like you shouldn't have rabbits after a couple of weeks, then find another good home for him. But for now I think he can really help you with your losses.

:hug2

Oh, Sweetie...that's so aweful!! Iwish there were something we could do or say to help the burden youmust be feeling with all of this...though I know that it's justsomething that is so personal, other people can't help much, except tohelp you externally with preparing things and handling things youcannot. Is there ANYTHING we can do?

At the very least, here is some love and some hugs for you, your dad,Leo, and all your babies...I hope it helps take the sting of whatyou're going through, if even a speck...

:hearts::heart::kiss::hug::hug2:hug1:grouphug:group:heartbeat

(((Joyscelyn)))

I have been struggling to post something here, something that wouldoffer you a sense of comfort. Yet nothing I can think of seems to beenough. So all I will say is, you are so loved, by so manypeople...wish I coulddo more for you, but I will send youprayers, and a shoulder to lean on if ever you need to talk. You're inmy thoughts, sweetie...

:hug1

(((HUGS))) I am sosorry for all you have been through. I couldn't imaginelosing so many loved ones in such a short amount of time. Youare a very strong person and you will get through this with time andsupport from all your family and friends. Please remember weare all here for you. I will keep you in my prayers.

:hug2:hug::group:grouphug:bunnieskiss

You are very young to have experienced so muchpain in so short of time ..this is life at its worst. If you can getthrough this you can get through anything...and I'm sure you will ...sovery very sorry:bigtears::sosad

"If God brings you to it - He will bring you through it"

Sometimes life can be so unfair and it's hard to understand why badthings happen to good people. Just remember that time heals all woundsand you will be a stronger person. I am truly sorry for your losses andwords seem inadequate to convey just how badly I feel.

Hang in there, and please realize we are all here for you any time youneed us. Just shoot us a post and we will be right there with you.

Hang in there, Joscelyn.

Sincerely,
Denise and Trixie

Latest posts

Back