Leonidas and Spartan.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undergunfire

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Regardless...here are pictures of my rattie loves :p...

This is Leonidas. He is still a bit on the skinny side, but I am fattening him up! He is a crazy little guy. He loves to "Go! Go! Go!" and say hello to Marlin Bunny every now and then:

l_15aac95c99d0c19ae5f87de929e3a946.jpg

"What's up your shirt, mom!?"
l_0d31bb9f1803ae319ab2b1dd42b45d20.jpg

l_21230621533546458bcd80f6e67028c9.jpg

l_664ae0ebf3dbea2697f95d4567eb4f74.jpg

This is Spartan. He is a rex rat, meaning his fur and whiskers are curly/wavy. He is extremely skinny, so I am slowly trying to get him fattened up. He has actually mellowed out and is a "lap rat". He thinks he is a rodentist, meaning he loves to stick his head in my mouth and "clean" my teeth. I got my first rattie kiss from him today. He is also obsessed with my engagement ring, and thinks Ryan should buy him one too:

l_5540de668eff0462c9c10fd02d902c84.jpg

l_868eb8e13b8aedda45aafc46c74511af.jpg

l_88c7071f8ef8c98f21f4a7997c1ba907.jpg

l_1a6b66ef4855966d9344bcff82127958.jpg

l_a934b3b6c086b9c3cb086189abc88e6d.jpg

l_d26e78e96975b1ff02223d4d3eefbf3c.jpg

l_0f64e99d5f1ecc1c0d6265432fd56074.jpg

l_9c75e87e81bce60d62a71c51e26c7b84.jpg

l_8c8ecfade6306201da7a244bbcdcdf0a.jpg

l_cd92b2825d7d93b7fbff97c729768590.jpg

l_7fe30258dff68e0c25c97c5c36a74959.jpg

l_6ac5bf2aaa9c3de11a8eb4d1c37cb1a1.jpg

If you are a woman, then please beware....rats LOVE this snuggle spot :whistling:

l_3ffc8ec51cf7c6908ea54383fa3889ed.jpg

Did I mention how WONDERFUL kisses from rats are? :hearts:

l_3c11d89b272ef73f6b8c85ecc6b9e9ad.jpg

The boys aren't sharing the same cage right now. I am trying to get them both to pack on some weight before putting them together. In two weeks I am hoping to get them the best cage at the pet store for rats. It will be a nice size for the two, until Ryan and I get our own place and I can buy my HUGE flight cage off of Ebay that I had before :).

I hope you loved seeing my boys :biggrin2:. They are so wonderful and loving!

very cute waaaaatties!

i used to have two rats, ivy and lily. they would run around inside my clothes together and sometimes got into fights while in there lol. i had to break up a few tussles inside my jumper. rats are so intelligent, people just don't realise. what does your bunny think of your ratties?

i want more rats now, dang it.

btw, your eye makeup is rad. everytime i do eyeshadow or liner, i wind up looking like courtney love on a bad day :?ijust stick to mascara!

Aww, they are cuties. I've never had a rat. I like their look, until you get to the tail. The tail just freaks me out.

Marlin loves the rats and they love him. I only let them groom eachother when I am right there holding them.

Oh, missycove. They breed tailess rats now, they are called "Manx rats". I, personally, love the tails though :D.

I wonder why rat tails freak so many people out? haha.

Their tails actually do have some hair on them :).

What do you think of Hairless rats then :p? hehe.

This is a PEW (Pink Eyed White) Hairless Dumbo eared rat:

PEW%20Hairless%20Dumbo.jpg

This is a black self (all black) Hairless Dumbo eared rat:

Hilux.jpg

Oh....here are the Manx rats....

Mink%20Manx.jpg

photos by: www.camarattery.com

I would LOVE a hairless dumbo....someday!

The manx rats look more like hammies to me. I like hammies.

I don't think I could handle a hairless rat.

missyscove wrote:
The manx rats look more like hammies to me. I like hammies.

Exactly why I don't think I like the looks of them. I don't like hammies, haha.

I couldn't own a Manx rat. I love rat tails, they are so cute. Rats use their tails for balance, so I wonder how a Manx rat works. They are born without tails, so I am sure they adjust.

But to me...the rat and the tail come as a package :p!

You have SO changed my prespective on rats.. I thought they were cute before, but now they are a possible candidate for a very, very, very, veryfar in the future pet!

I love their face markings.. hehe. Spartan looks like he was kissed onthe facewith black lipstick :D

I'd love to see pictures of their cage! I've seen a few, rat cages are so neat, I'd love to live in a human sized one!

:biggrin2:

Spring wrote:
You have SO changed my prespective on rats.. I thought they were cute before, but now they are a possible candidate for a very, very, very, veryfar in the future pet!

I love their face markings.. hehe. Spartan looks like he was kissed onthe facewith black lipstick :D

I'd love to see pictures of their cage! I've seen a few, rat cages are so neat, I'd love to live in a human sized one!

:biggrin2:

I am so happy to hear that! Rats really are truely amazing pets :biggrin2:!

There cage right now is nothing more than a 1 panel wide by 2 panel high cage, with hardware cloth around it so that they can't escape. Of course, there are tons of comfy hammocks and toys in there for them to play with and lounge on.

I have to pay Ryan's mom $600 on Friday, then I will be done paying her back my cell phone bills and stuff. Then, in 2 weeks I will be buying the boys a nice sized cage from PETsMART (erg, I hate to give them my money, though) for $120.

I would go ahead and buy them this awesome flight cage off of Ebay and modify it into a rat cage, like I did with my past rat friends, but Ryan and I don't have the space in our bedroom for the massive thing! When we get our own place in February (I hope!), then I will buy the flight cage for my boys. It is large enough for 6 rats to live comfortably!

:):):)

EDIT TO ADD: I crashed andactually put the boys together a little while ago. They took to each other right away, and now they are snuggling up underneath theirblankie together :)!

LOL hairless rats are so cute!! remember in the roald dahl movie "the witches" when the grand high witch was turned into a mouse? that's what hairless rats look like lol.

they have a batch of them at the Portland zoo (oregon) I always loved to just sit and stare at them. I think I'm one of like 4 people in the US who think they're cute :p

I don't think so, they're pretty delicate animals and if there is too much noise at any time I've been told they turn on each other and start eating each other... I'm not sure if there are laws against having them or if it's just that you can't get them. I might have to look around.

Hrm, I see. Noise would be a problem in my house. Ryan and I are LOUD. When I am fired up....I can talk like crazy....ahem....New Yorker in me :D!

Plus, Ryan plays guitar and is in two bands. I am sure when we move out, our garage will become a practice space for heavy metal/hardcore music :headsmack.

Latest posts

Back