Left Bugsy overnight to get shaved

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blwinteler

Reaction score
I took Bugsy for a shave today. I took him across town to a recommended vet. Even thought they told me on the phone this morning that I could bring him in this evening after all my appointments, it turns out that they were busy this evening. So, it was either come back during the day sometime or leave him overnight. He is super matted and it seems to be bothersome to him, so I left him. We had Groucho with us so the bond would not be broken, but I cannot afford more than the cost of shaving ($65) and it would have been extra to board Groucho. So, Groucho is home with us. He seemed sad in the car, but seems ok now just hanging out at home. Bugsy was super snuggly while we waited at the vet for him to go in. He has gotten very used to being held and loved. I am confident they are treating him well, just based on the time we were there. They have food, hay, and rabbit safe treats. The lady who took him from me clearly knew how to hold him and he seemed comfortable. It was so hard to leave him though. I'm sad not having my snuggle bunny. I'll pick him up after work tomorrow afternoon. I hope he and Groucho still get along, with Bugsy coming home from the vet without his fluff (which I forgot to ask them to keep for me so I can save the spinnable bits). Anyway, just wanted to share 'cause I'm sad.
:sosad

Aw, blwinteler, I kind of know how you feel - I had to drop my bun off at a friend's house a few nights ago, since we had a rent inspection the following day. It was so hard to leave him there, but seeing that he was in a safe environment definitely helped.

My fluffball isn't so fluffy now. He looks so funny! He is clearly happier, though. Here are some before and after pics.

1387430082591.jpg

1387430098626.jpg

1387430112852.jpg

1387430128127.jpg

1387430160546.jpg

Oh my goodness, fluffball definitely is the right word for him! :agree

I'm glad to hear he seems happier now.

Hah! Looks like Gazzle the time I got so fed up with her explosive shedding that I took pet clippers to her (being careful to stay a safe distance from her skin, of course) :p

If you have any trouble with the boys due to their time apart, I recommend doing a "play date" on *neutral* territory (somewhere neither has been before) - my girls' bond has broken a couple times and each time, the neutral territory fixed things :)

Oh my goodness, that is one cute fluffy bunny! It is good to hear that he seems more comfy now. I have a long haired guinea pig that requires regular brushing and trims. She is hard enough to handle and she is tiny. I couldn't imagine grooming a long haired bun.

Hah! Looks like Gazzle the time I got so fed up with her explosive shedding that I took pet clippers to her (being careful to stay a safe distance from her skin, of course) :p

If you have any trouble with the boys due to their time apart, I recommend doing a "play date" on *neutral* territory (somewhere neither has been before) - my girls' bond has broken a couple times and each time, the neutral territory fixed things :)

Actually, they are still bonded. Groucho groomed Bugsy like crazy when I brought him home. I think he was either trying to fix the change in fur or clean off any vet smell. Either way, it was cute.

I can't get over how happy he is! He was happy before, but not quite his binkying self. I figured he had just mellowed some as he got used to us. Well, I was wrong. Now that he has those nasty matts off, he is full of zoomies and binkies. He is super inquisitive and into everything. He is also still a great snuggler. He tried to befriend the cat today. She got scared and smacked him. I let her know that was unacceptable and gave him a treat so he knew the shout was not meant for him. I also can't believe how much of his size was pure fur. Amazing!

You're nicer than me - I yell indiscriminately and let them guess who's in trouble and why :p. I figure whoever I'm not specifically yelling at still deserves it for something else they've done (that I may not even know about) - let their guilty little consciences fill in the blanks. Nobody seems to be very concerned about being yelled at anyway. The cats give me that "get out of my face" attitude and the bunnies give me "the butt". It's really only ever effective if I'm trying to get a cat out of my path - the kitten spooks easily and stubborn ol' Roo will eventually move if you yell enough just because he's tired of hearing it.

I'm so glad he's happy and unmatted now :D

Latest posts

Back