Leaving for a week!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Basil14

Reaction score
So I am going on a trip from a Wednesday early morning to the following Tuesday afternoon. I am having a neighbor girl come over once every day (probably in the evening). Right now I have every day give my rabbit a 1/4 cup of pellets, give him veggies (that will be bagged in the fridge), fill his hay feeder, give him water, and a treat. On the Friday and Sunday, I have her cleaning out the litter box.
Does this sound okay? Is there anything else I should have her do? Anything I should get in case something happens well she is taking care of my rabbit?
Thanks!

That sounds perfect! I suggest she comes over before you leave so she knows where everything is. I also think you should mention that if your bunny doesn’t eat or want to move around then she should call you because the bunny could be going into gi-stasis. Other than that great job!

Sounds good.

I would also write a short list with the essential points, just to make sure that nothing gets forgotten. When I have to do something on my own I only got explained I sure will forget about one thing or the other, never send me shopping without a list :D

What I do when I have a friend stop over to take care of my 4 bunnies, is set out all of their hay, treat, and food bins right in front of their pen and tape a paper on top saying how much pellets they get and when/how often. Just so it’s dummy proofed basically lol

sounds like you have everything covered though! I will definitely make sure to leave your phone number easily accessible in case of an emergency. Maybe even your vet’s also.

Thanks for all the replies! I did get a pet camera so I could check in on him while I’m gone. I also had the people who are taking care of him come over so I could show them what to do.

Also I know some people leave on music for there bunnies, and so I was wondering if I should leave on the radio or something like that?
Thanks again!

This seems kind of silly to state, but please write down that she must ensure bunny is safe and secured before she leaves, i.e. he cannot escape from his designated area. Sometimes it might seem like an obvious fact, but it's often overlooked.

My mom bunny sits when we go on vacation. During the day he pretty much stays in my bedroom sleeping. In the evening, he comes downstairs and hangs out with us in the living room. Even if your bun doesn't allow cuddling, petting, or being held, I have my mom stay and hang out in the living room with him for 2-3 hours so he doesn't feel alone or lonely while I'm gone. She watches TV or does puzzle books and talks with him some. Some extra TLC is good while your gone if your bun will allow/enjoy it.

Latest posts

Back