Learn something new everyday

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've had known about this for about a month now, but I didn't know just how in common Xiao Wu and I are. Light sensitivity. I mean, I knew albinos are light sensitive, but not realizing the overhead light in my room bothered Xiao Wu. Ever since I stopped turning it on unless I really have to, Xiao Wu has been out from the shelf and flopping everywhere, being extra, and making it difficult to move my desk chair because she's under it. ;-;

So, to make sure we have light in my cave of a bedroom, I'm using a small desk LED lamp turned toward the ceiling. That way Shen is easy to find and Xiao Wu's eyes won't hurt from the light. Shen doesn't seem to mind the lighting either.

Question: Have you had bunnies that are light sensitive?

My blue eyed white holland is sensitive to light. He hates going outside when it's bright out, and will just sit there and not hop around with the other buns, even being in the shade. Inside, their room stays pretty dimly lit except when I'm in there, so no issues there for him. So yeah, pink or blue eyed rabbits can definitely be more sensitive to light.

My blue eyed white holland is sensitive to light. He hates going outside when it's bright out, and will just sit there and not hop around with the other buns, even being in the shade. Inside, their room stays pretty dimly lit except when I'm in there, so no issues there for him. So yeah, pink or blue eyed rabbits can definitely be more sensitive to light.

At least I can look at her when that light is forced on and say "Girl, same". The more I learn about rabbits, the more like them I find myself to be. Light and heat sensitive, don't like sudden loud noises, don't like being stressed, need a specific diet to survive....

[QUOTE="ArtistChibThe more I learn about rabbits, the more like them I find myself to be. Light and heat sensitive, don't like sudden loud noises, don't like being stressed, need a specific diet to survive....

it’s funny - both my rabbit and I run toward loud noises! I do because I’m a mom and need to investigate what’s going on and he does probably because he’s curious. He loves any activity going on and has to be in the middle of it!

it’s funny - both my rabbit and I run toward loud noises! I do because I’m a mom and need to investigate what’s going on and he does probably because he’s curious. He loves any activity going on and has to be in the middle of it!
Shen is the same, honestly. When we leave the bedroom, he has to try to open the gate to find out what we're doing.

Latest posts

Back