LEAF, ANGORAGRL, LAGADVOCATE

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bo B Bunny

Reaction score
I don't know who all is involved but I know that Leaf especially was dealing with water at one point (the shelters were flooded)....

Last night that area got 4 inches of rain in a short time again!

I hope you are all ok! and this rain stops soon! We got a bunch but we're fine.

If Leaf doesn't check in, don't panic, maybe she went to the docs or something over that spider bite.

I hope everyone is ok.

True.

However, she just got her phone and lights back I think after several days from water.

It's been bad there. I dont' even know where else it's bad but I had to mention there since I knew andI heard there have been bad storms in Arkansas as well.

I been checkin the spider thread for news from leaf.. I did not even think about the rain!

Hope all is well for everybunny..

Yeah, I know! She has that bite, been sick, someone left that dog, she's got bunnies and animals all over and helped with animals during the flood before.

God I pray it's not bad again there.

Have you PMed those you are concerned about?

Just thought that they might respond quicker to PMs because they might get alerts to them. That's all :)

Believe it or not it's going to be visually beautiful here sky-wise for a while yet today but last night was rough and the next few days should be as bad as our last flooding.

As we did last time, we're evacuating areas in my county and will be setting up patrol on the railroad tracks. While it sounds unbelieveable in this small area, orders are to detain/shoot looters. If I get a chance I'll take some pictures of the police force on the tracks in one small town I'll be in today.

I worked the last tetanus shot free-clinic and it looks like we'll probably be holding one again for people who didn't receive theirs a few weeks ago.

Depending on the rising water there is a good chance I'll be losing power again and will be under a boil order once it comes back on.

I work 3rd shift and last night was filled with disaster preparing more than anything. We've got a lot of damaged trees, trees uprooted due to the saturated-boggy soil and even some (dead) downed power lines.

If you remember my pictures of Dickey Bubs and Dollar General, the farm store is already moving their equipment to higher ground at the gas station and last night and today (for as long as the parking lot is safe)Dollar General will behaving a huge less than half price sale in order to move inventory.

I've been home for probably half an hour now, long enough to shoot out some emails and update people (thanks for asking and keeping us in your thoughts! I'm a little west of lagadvocate and angoragrl.. I'm not sure how they are fairing yet) and make a few calls.

I am absolutely ON the Missouri and Bourbeuse Rivers.

In order to be more comfortable this time I'm splitting my animals up among friends and will be checking Animal Control to see what I can do before heading back to work for a couple hours. I should be able to sleep some this afternoon before more *fun* begins.

We're hoping this will be a HUGE false alarm but I just know we have too much water already for all that has fallen not to greatly affect people in the immediate area once again.

Oh, man! I wish I could help!

Please send Holiday and Genelle my way for safe keeping! :biggrin2:

*I have no clue why I posted this where I did LOL!*

I'm pretty safe from the flooding where I am. Luckily for the major StL area, this time the Mississippi isn't really getting the bad part of the flooding. I still remember when everything was under water in '93, now that was one bad year. We won't actually be worried about the Mississippi until after the weekend when it starts to get the runoff from the other smaller rivers and streams.

I thought that the forecast wasn't calling for rain this weekend but I guess they changed it on us because I just checked and it's showing rain for Sat and Sun and it's getting back down to 33 degrees again!! I'm so ready to be done with all this crazy weather!

Thanks for checking on us though!! I was actually about to message Leaf to see if there was anything I could help with since I know they are getting it worse then we are.

Aww Bo, you're so thoughtful :hug:. There's really been no flooding in my immediate area, but it's been so bad elsewhere. :(

I am SO STUPID! :grumpy:

I know roughly where Missouri is and of course I've heard all about the flooding of the Mississippi, but I just didn't put the 2 together!

:embarrassed:

I even watched tons of videos on this at uni as well, when I did a whole flood management module!

:foreheadsmack:

I'm glad that you're all as ok as can be so far, and I hope you continue to be safe! Leaf, I wish there was something we could do to help!

And please forgive my English ignorance, lol....

:hug:Jen xx

Glad everyone is doing well. Gosh I hope it doesn't get too bad for Leaf.

Don't worry about your "english ignorance" cause I probably couldn't find a single place in the UK LOL!

Leaf is roughly 6 hours from me. We've had a bit of the rain but most has gone north or south of us..... I just can't imagine how bad it is there.

Makes me glad I live near Lake Michigan, not a river. Send some of your water up here, will you? Lake Mich has been down for years!

But seriously, take care. I hope it doesn't get bad for you!

Latest posts

Back