Laying down after eating

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kada

Reaction score
I've noticed that my rabbit likes to lay down and kick his legs to the side after eating hay. Do your bunnies do this also? I watched a video where it said that rabbits like the pressure on their stomach after eating their stomachs full.

I just haven't heard of this or maybe it's so normal no one talks about it. I remember my rabbit didn't do this before having his molar spurs trimmed. Could it be that he couldn't eat much then and that's why he didn't do it before? And now that the spurs are gone he's able to eat as much as he wants and the lays down after eating?

Sorry for posting so much, I've been spending a lot of time at home so I might be just overthinking everything..

Mine both do that. They’ll have a good feed, then take a break and chill for a bit. A lot of the time they’ll kick their legs out behind them. After their pellets especially, they just seem very satisfied / exhausted from chomping away. Tough life being a bun!

Mine both do that. They’ll have a good feed, then take a break and chill for a bit. A lot of the time they’ll kick their legs out behind them. After their pellets especially, they just seem very satisfied / exhausted from chomping away. Tough life being a bun!
Thank you, this made me feel a lot better. At least now I know he's getting enough food!

Latest posts

Back