Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not a breeder, so I wouldn't know what to give a pregnant rabbit, but just so you know there is a very small chance of the sisters still being friends after breeding her. The rabbit's hormones will change and they will begin fighting. I would go ahead and plan on never being able to house them together again.
She never ended up having babies, the same thing happened to my friends doe, do you think it has anything to do with the cold weather? I wanted baby bunnies ready to sell by Easter so that means breeding all of my does soon! Is that a good idea?

She never ended up having babies, the same thing happened to my friends doe, do you think it has anything to do with the cold weather? I wanted baby bunnies ready to sell by Easter so that means breeding all of my does soon! Is that a good idea?
I bet you are very relieved you did not give her lavender, then! The cold weather could have something to do with does not being as willing to breed. A good rule of thumb is breed when the weather is sunny and their vents are dark pink in color. Being patient for these things to happen is key to having successful litters.

Selling bunnies as "Easter gifts" is not advised if you are truly interested in the well-being of your bunnies. Oftentimes, people will buy rabbits for an Easter gift, not considering they are a 10+ year commitment. This is why animal shelters are flooded with rabbits by the summer time. I purposefully do not have litters available in April, and always advise others to do the same. If people are truly interested in getting a long-time pet, they can stay on my rabbitry waiting list so I know they are serious. Just my advice, though!

I bet you are very relieved you did not give her lavender, then! The cold weather could have something to do with does not being as willing to breed. A good rule of thumb is breed when the weather is sunny and their vents are dark pink in color. Being patient for these things to happen is key to having successful litters.

Selling bunnies as "Easter gifts" is not advised if you are truly interested in the well-being of your bunnies. Oftentimes, people will buy rabbits for an Easter gift, not considering they are a 10+ year commitment. This is why animal shelters are flooded with rabbits by the summer time. I purposefully do not have litters available in April, and always advise others to do the same. If people are truly interested in getting a long-time pet, they can stay on my rabbitry waiting list so I know they are serious. Just my advice, though!
Thanks for the advice, I definitely do not want them ending up in shelters so I’ll be careful of who I am selling them to.

Latest posts

Back