large lop-ear rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grace

Reaction score
Someone is getting rid of their large lop-ear rabbit. This bunny is 2 years old. not neutered. His hind leg was broken as an infant and healed crooked. It's so sad. My bunny Cocoa is small and neutered. I was wondering if I had the other male bunny neutered, what the chances are that he would get along with my other neutered male. They are about the same age, two years old. I really would like to give this poor bunny a home. But I am also afraid that they don't like each other... what do you think about it?

You may possibly be able to bond them but bonding males is not as easy as bonding male and female. if you take the bunny you have to plan on having a single if you cannot bond them
So if you can think about whether you have room for a separate set-up if a bond doesn't happen then it would be nice to take a rabbit like this.

I am planning to neuter the new rabbit. But my house is not big, and I live with two cats, four ferrets, my bunny and my guinea pig... (oh, and I forgot my boyfriend, he is the biggest animal in the house...:biggrin2:) I really don't know if I have room to put another big cage. Maybe it is not a good idea... I don't know, i will think about it. But it makes me so sad to see someone getting read of a bunny after two years...

yeh that's sad :(
why don't you post it in the rescue section because maybe someone in your area is a memeber of RO and would take him.

Members of the forum (as a whole) tend to be good owners

It is on craigslist. A friend told me about it. He is not the only rabbit anyway, there are many bunnies for adoption... People get tired of them and they put them on craigslist like they were old and useless things. I don't understand why people don't think about it before getting a pet. They are living creatures, not toys that you can get read of when you are tired of them. If I could I would adopt them all... but I can't and I feel so sad. And knowing that that bunny has a problem with his leg makes me feel worse. He really needs someone to love him, and since he is big and with a broken leg, it will be hard for him to find a good home. Poor baby:(

Believe me, cleaning another cage is not a problem for me. I am afraid that the two bunnies don't get along together.... I am thinking about it anyway....

Latest posts

Back