Large hard pea-sized lumps in Mini Lops ears?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MopsyLops

Reaction score
Today I noticed a large hard pea-sized lump on my 9 month old neutered Mini Lops ear.

I cannot believe I never noticed it before, because it is so large that it sticks out very noticeably, it is like it popped up from no where.

When lifting the ear into the light, the lump makes a dark red shadow, and the lump can be felt from the outside and inside of the ear.

I have just noticed 2 more lumps. They are slightly smaller. One is on the same ear and the other lump is on his other ear. These seem to have a very very small tiny brown scab on them.

So basically both ears are affected…I am not sure if it is only the ears that are affected, he has very long fur so it is hard to tell if his body is okay.

I have booked the Vet, they can see me soonest by Tuesday. I am worried sick so headed here in hopes that you guys may have an idea of what this could be?

Things that come to mind are bug bites, abscessed wounds, cysts. If you want to post a photo, it may be helpful to better identify what they might be.

One possibility when there's a lump on the ear is an ear (aural) hematoma.

Latest posts

Back