Large dark poops

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haru the Lionhead

Reaction score
hello guys, haru is still gassy and her poops aren’t 100% but most of them now are the same size, there would be two or three smaller or oddly shaped ones in every 10-15 poops, but now they are darker than before, and most of them are larger is that okay? Her poops before were the size of the oval one on the top left
FA61BAEB-C611-425D-B6C1-E475FA6864AF.jpeg

They've become more uniform, then it's a good sign. The darkness/lightness depends on how big the hay/vegs/pellet ratio is, so if you keep up a high-fiber diet they should lighten a bit over time. They look fine to me!

They've become more uniform, then it's a good sign. The darkness/lightness depends on how big the hay/vegs/pellet ratio is, so if you keep up a high-fiber diet they should lighten a bit over time. They look fine to me!
It’s very weird.. in the morning her poops are in all kinds of shapes and most of them are small, then in the evening it gets fixed, In the next morning it goes back to small different shapes poops, it’s been three days now

It's probably got to do with Haru being gassy and her diet.
What exactly are you feeding her, how much and when exactly? Is she on any meds or supplements for treating gas? Do you know why she is gassy? Has she recently (around a week or so) gotten any new and / or gassy foods like cabbage, broccoli etc?
I would try cutting out anything except her hay, water and a reduced amount of plain pellets until her situation clears up until poops get constantly more uniform and vegs could be reintroduced again.
I'm not really experienced in rabbit health department though, so @JBun can surely help you more than i can.

It's probably got to do with Haru being gassy and her diet.
What exactly are you feeding her, how much and when exactly? Is she on any meds or supplements for treating gas? Do you know why she is gassy? Has she recently (around a week or so) gotten any new and / or gassy foods like cabbage, broccoli etc?
I would try cutting out anything except her hay, water and a reduced amount of plain pellets until her situation clears up until poops get constantly more uniform and vegs could be reintroduced again.
I'm not really experienced in rabbit health department though, so @JBun can surely help you more than i can.
She eats hay, pellets, and veggies (coriander, mint, rocca, romane,celery).
For pellets I give her one extra gram over the amount that she’s supposed to eat, I’m trying to increase it because she’s a little bit under weight, and the veggies are one cup.
She eats her pellets at 11 am, and I don’t give her the veggies until i see her poops getting better because I want her to eat hay, I used to give her gas drops but she hates it and it didn’t really help so I stopped, she had pin worms and I gave her the medication two weeks ago and that should be the reason, I don’t know if there’s something else that’s wrong with her, her food didn’t really change, I don’t like pellets and I don’t like increasing it for her, but I don’t think that I should stop giving it to her since she’s under weight..
the vet told me that it’s normal for her to stay gassy for a few days and my friend told me that her bunny’s poops went back to normal after a few days.. but haru’s keeps changing

Latest posts

Back