Ladies' cottage life

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catlyn

Reaction score
Parents decided to move to the summer cottage with mere hours of notice.
As i had taken on a project of bunroom floor restoration before this, Iris nor i can inhabit the ladies' room for a little while. After eliminating furniture and vacuuming a dozen spiders and cobwebs, I'm busy scraping off newspaper, wallpaper and paint remnants that were unearthed from stagnant cardboard sheets and the rustiest nails ever seen. A beautiful floor lies below but it's unlikely to be restored in full. The grey stuff is persistent as can be.20230514_163128.jpg
Therefore my lady has a temporary residence in another room she doesn't seem to be too enthusiastic about.16840812195852151856246701101128.jpg Still, though a bit sleepy, she seems to be adapting nicely, given that the widow has no husbun nor a space she would be familiar with.

Haha, i got a bit distracted and started reading scraps of newspaper articles. Whoever decided to cover the seemingly healthy, pretty floor with the ugly cardboard (the internet says it's ''finnish cardboard/ timber fibre board'') did it in circa 1975, as some newspapers had that date on them. Weird to think that the not-floor had been covering the real one for almost 50 years!

A double blade paint scraper would make short work of it. I'm doing the eaves and trim board on the outside of the house right now and the scraper does a really good job. Took three days so far and I will be ready to paint after tomorrow. The paint will take a little longer as it's 2 colors with lots of cutting in with a brush underneath and a roller outside on the facia.

Lady Iris is eager to help me remove the newspapers. She'll sneakily go under my bed and thump when i try to get her to stop chewing. Since i'm done with dusty work for now, i was able to rearrange my room's remaining interior and move my lady in to her room while i've settled in mine.
I'll be trying wet treatment removal next, once i have the time- when 15 moodboards and 5 other assignments stop breathing onto my neck for the next two weeks until the deadline.

Latest posts

Back