Labour signs

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emma Walker

Reaction score
hi again everyone,

So princess faf still hasn’t had her litter. Because I didn’t see the mating I have no set idea on when she is due.

I thought last night was the night, she was running around frantic to and from the nest box, panting heavily when laying down, and kept softly grunting whilst licking her.... “area” ‍♀️ Stayed up as long as I could with her (around 4am, my youngest gets up at 6am on the dot and needed some sort of sleep!) alas when I woke up this morning....... nothing.

She seems much more settled this morning, laying down (although still breathing quite quickly/heavily) and I can see really quite clearly the little ones kicking and squirming in her stomach. She also didn’t finish her food from yesterday, over half is still in her bowl, she will gladly accept greens and veg though. Also, she keeps jumping into the nest box and sort of chews the hay/straw. Doesn’t eat it but is sort of clipping it into smaller pieces. Still no fur pulled either.

When is my baby going to kindle?! I’m so excited to meet the little ones and also want to make sure my baby is safe from the pregnancy, I had reared her and got her through a bad gi statis, so I’m also worried about her safety during this time, she’s very very special to me. It surely can’t be much longer?!

It’s a waiting game. Knowing when they actually bred would’ve helped because then you’d know when she’s considered overdue. Just watch for now.

Well, she went nuts making a nest last night and pulled out a tonne of fur, so I’m hoping it’s going to be in the next couple of days. She seems a bit tired and grumpy today though

Latest posts

Back