KY derby

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

LakeCondo

Reaction score
For some reason I'm interested in thoroughbred racing, though I'm neither a betting person nor a horse person. Anyway, I thought I'd start the topic.

You sure can get a lot of information about the 20 horses, their trainers, jockeys, & owners from the internet, like at kentuckyderby.com.

The horse that right now I would like to win is Take Charge Indy. He's descended from A J Indy & owned by a family in the Chicago area, so 2 mid-west connections there. Plus he's being ridden by Calvin Borel & is a black [or deep brown] horse, so easier to keep track of in a pack of brown horses.

The other 2 horses I like are Bodemeister & Gemologist.

TinksMama

Reaction score
I like Daddy Long Legs and Optimizer, both really pretty. :)
I'm staying in Louisville, KY right now there's all kinds of events and stuff to do that are Centered around the Derby. :)

LakeCondo

Reaction score
The odds on those 2 are pretty long, so people betting on them would do well if they won.

The 1st Derby I ever saw was Secretariat's win. He was really something. Watching him in slow motion, it was like he flowed.

Don't drink too many mint juleps, now.

TinksMama

Reaction score
I was mostly going on how pretty they are. I also like Union Rags and Hansen.

It would've been awesome to see Secretariat win!!

I'm 16 so I won't be having any mint juleps. lol

LakeCondo

Reaction score
Well, we didn't do too well, did we. I eliminated I'll Have Another from my list because the owner made his money in the mortgage lending business.

I've never had a mint julep, but they don't sound that great to me: like a concentrated minty mouthwash.

TinksMama

Reaction score
We made bets within our family as to who was gonna win....my dad picked I'll Have Another. He didn't even realize he won until a few seconds after. Needless to say he was happy. Lol

Eww...I hate mouth wash.