Kleenmama's 2nd cut timothy hay? New bluegrass?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirbyultra

Reaction score
I've fed Kleenmama's 3rd cut timothy hay and it's really soft and wonderful on the human hands. The buns adore it! But I do want to get some rougher hay to alternate with as well. Kleenmama (kmshayloft.com) emailed earlier saying that she had to get her bluegrass from another farmer. I was wondering if anyone has placed an order for the new bluegrass yet and know if it's like the old bluegrass in "taste" and quality.

I've never ordered the 2nd cut before. If you have, how do your buns like it? My main concern is dustiness and the hay powder that builds up usually at the bottom of the batch. Hay dust sets off allergies for both me and my husband so it's a huge concern. We once bought a 50lb box of Oxbow and the dust was unbelievable!

I haven't tried the new batch of bluegrass, but if Linda says it's good, I have no doubt it is. Right now I have a box of the 2nd cut and it's wonderful. I haven't had any problem with dusty hay at all with Kleenmama's.

Thanks! I have my reservations but maybe if I just order the bluegrass and third cut, 50-50, it will be better. I struggle with ordering "halfsies" because of cost. The shipping is so hefty! I I straight up ordered 45 lbs of one type it would be cheaper overall.... alas, I cannot put a price on bunny health!

My bunnies have loved the 3rd cut Timmie from Kleenmama, and if she doesn't get a fresh 3rd cut in this year, I will buy the 2nd cut.

I'm considering the Bluegrass, but have never tried it. Is it nutritionally similar to Timothy?

Yes, orchard grass/bluegrass is a nice alternative to timothy. It's usually helpful for allergy sufferers as well. Timothy seems to irritate people a lot more.

Latest posts

Back