Kits climbing out

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

:))

Reaction score
My rabbit had kits in her litter box and to avoid complications I left them in there because she was already acting uninterested in the babies...I got the poop out and left her nest alone...now they are 11 days old and are climbing out of the box because it has low sides...what do I do?

They will be leaving their nest when they are about 2 weeks old anyway but they can still use it for hay and sleep box so you can just take them with their nest hay and fur and put into another box with higher sides, you can put some urine absorbing stuff like wood pellets underneath and shredded paper etc, then some fresh hay and put them in there and cover with the top of their former nest hay with her fur so it will smell like her nest. I would be curious to see how she built her nest in a litterbox if you could post a few pics :)

They will be leaving their nest when they are about 2 weeks old anyway but they can still use it for hay and sleep box so you can just take them with their nest hay and fur and put into another box with higher sides, you can put some urine absorbing stuff like wood pellets underneath and shredded paper etc, then some fresh hay and put them in there and cover with the top of their former nest hay with her fur so it will smell like her nest. I would be curious to see how she built her nest in a litterbox if you could post a few pics :)

This is a pic of her nest when she first had them (so day one )

Attachments

• 071346EE-4C8A-40A5-8121-FCADB14D544D.jpeg
    071346EE-4C8A-40A5-8121-FCADB14D544D.jpeg
    53.7 KB · Views: 15
Great so just as I said above if you want to line another box with absorbing material and with hay and gently move the top of the nest hay and fur to the new box that should be fine. You can place this new box in the same location so she can easily find them. Or you can leave them there but I'd change the bottom layer of it for hygiene reasons as they pee&poo in there for about two weeks.

As they grow they will be climbing out and jumping out very soon, depending on breed maybe when they 2-3 weeks so they won't stay in there just will jump in when she wants to feed them but she can also feed them somewhere else.

Great so just as I said above if you want to line another box with absorbing material and with hay and gently move the top of the nest hay and fur to the new box that should be fine. You can place this new box in the same location so she can easily find them. Or you can leave them there but I'd change the bottom layer of it for hygiene reasons as they pee&poo in there for about two weeks.

As they grow they will be climbing out and jumping out very soon, depending on breed maybe when they 2-3 weeks so they won't stay in there just will jump in when she wants to feed them but she can also feed them somewhere else.

Okay I will do that thank you very much

Latest posts

Back