Kit mortality

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snowballbunnie

Reaction score
I was reading one of the sites that was given to me and it talked about death rate between 10 days and two weeks as being very high. My concern is that so far all of the negative things that we could have been faced with in the first few days have not yet happend "Knock on wood"

So that being said should we worry or not about what could possibley could happen with intestinal problems or anything like that.

:bunnydance:

If the parents are both healthy and you practice good sanitary practices in your rabbitry, you should be fine. Occasionally, babies die and there would be nothing you could do. The reason the mortality rate is high is the same for any animal, babies that young can die from the simplest of diseases. Just keep everything clean and sanitary and you will decrease those chances dramatically.

Sharon

Thanks so much Sharon for the information. We will keep on doing what we have been doing and I'll let you know how the kits do

Thanks again Claud.

:bunny18

I agree with Shannon but want to add one more thing. If you feed the mama treats like greens or fruit - make sure SHE eats it and not the babies.....

Peg

Latest posts

Back