Kit 1 day old

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachel9719

Reaction score
is it normal for kits belly’s to be this size? There is only three and they’re quite big for their age. Sorry it’s not the best photo.

Attachments

• 38539478-C0CE-49CE-AB63-8F4AE2E7AA33.jpeg
    38539478-C0CE-49CE-AB63-8F4AE2E7AA33.jpeg
    37.8 KB · Views: 22
Looks like he is getting overly full, this can happen when there is a small litter and mom produces a lot of milk. They will get bigger faster beings they have more access to milk. There is nothing you can really do beings you don't see mom feeding most of the time. They will also be born bigger due to having lots of room in the uterus. What breed are mom and dad?

Looks like he is getting overly full, this can happen when there is a small litter and mom produces a lot of milk. They will get bigger faster beings they have more access to milk. There is nothing you can really do beings you don't see mom feeding most of the time. They will also be born bigger due to having lots of room in the uterus. What breed are mom and dad?
Lion x .. is it anything to be concerned about obviously I knew they would be bigger etc cause there’s only three

Lionheads are common to have small litters like that. There should not be anything to be concerned about. Unless, you start to see like blood vessells burst, but I have NEVER EVER seen or heard of this happening, but thats the only thing that I can think of that would go wrong if it ever would, but I don't see that happening.

Lionheads are common to have small litters like that. There should not be anything to be concerned about. Unless, you start to see like blood vessells burst, but I have NEVER EVER seen or heard of this happening, but thats the only thing that I can think of that would go wrong if it ever would, but I don't see that happening.
So she can’t over feed and kill them?

I have never heard of this happening and I don't think that it is possible. Do you know if she feeds once or twice a day? If she feeds twice then you can take them out of her area (in the nestbox of course) and bring them inside, so they are not getting that extra feeding. And what is her diet like?

I have never heard of this happening and I don't think that it is possible. Do you know if she feeds once or twice a day? If she feeds twice then you can take them out of her area (in the nestbox of course) and bring them inside, so they are not getting that extra feeding. And what is her diet like?
She feeds them whilst I’m asleep I think. I have not seen her feed them in the day . I think it might be because there is only three. She has her pellets and hay. She eats pretty well

Is she indoor or outdoor? Even if you don't see her feeding if bellies are nice and round that means they are fed, you can surely take them out her place with their nest box and put somewhere safe for 12 hours if you feel they are getting too much. It is hard to see from your photo maybe it's not that bad normal happy kits look same maybe just because of it's skin is so pink you got an impression that there's something wrong? I personally think that your baby looks fine.

Look here's normal fed baby, just like yours. Can you post more pics perhaps?
https://imgur.com/xUo1ajX

We’ve never lost a kit to overfeeding and we’ve had hundreds of litters. Sure they can get fat, but once their eyes are open and they’re moving around more they may slim down some.

We’ve never lost a kit to overfeeding and we’ve had hundreds of litters. Sure they can get fat, but once their eyes are open and they’re moving around more they may slim down some.
That what I was thinking she doesn't force kits to eat they just eat as much as they can by the instincts, they're just lucky there's not too many competitors there so this one just ate a bit too much maybe but it will fixes day by day and in fact your kits will grow bigger and stronger as if there were 6 of them as they are getting more milk.

Latest posts

Back