King Kirby's Rabbit Nation

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a neat bed!! I gave a pet cuddler to the Flemmie I am fostering, and she does the same thing as Penney does with the thing of trying to smooth it out before settling down on it. I thought cats and dogs were so particular about where they lay down, but bunnies really do have to make it their own bed. ;)

Happy Holidays to you!!! :biggrin2:

myheart

Merry Christmas!!!

First, a word about the "fourth bunny" pet bed - Hubby bought it for Toby, thinking he would like to sleep in it when he's up on the party deck. Well, he didn't, and Toby stopped going up to the party deck ever since that thing has been placed there. We gave him a few weeks to try it out. He didn't like it so we gave it to Penny since she likes to lay around a lot. Well, you know how that went.

Hubby bought a pet bed shaped like a turtle too, and it's green, he bought it meant for Penny. I asked him why he bought that one for her. He kinda got his words caught in his throat. So I added, "was it because she's kinda slow?" And he cracked up. It's only funny because it's true. :p

I bought the Magnus from BunSpace for Penny. She eats everything super fast so I thought it would be productive for her to work for it a little. I bought this toy for her to "find" her treats and pace her a little.
thumbnail.asp

It's a really cool toy, it's very well made, and the concept is fantastically made for pets. Hubby and I took bets about which bun would "get it" the fastest. We both agreed Toby would get it fastest. Kirby would get it but probably not bother with it. Hubby thought Penny would destroy the box and knock it upside down before figuring out how to lift the lid. I thought she'd eventually get it, but would do a considerable amount of destruction first.

Here's what happened. Penny sniffed around and immediately knew there was food nearby. She didn't quite get that it was hidden inside, but she knew it had something to do with the wooden lid. So she yanked it off and started to tearing into the circular lid, chewing the rope handle and the wooden knob. She didn't even seem to understand or notice that the treat was actually in a recess that the lid had uncovered. Kirby swooped in and ate the treat after Penny did the work for him. Insert hysterical human laughter here!!! LMAO! I knew Kirby would be too royal of a bun to be bothered to play such a silly food game. But I had no idea he'd make Penny do his work for him. What a smart bun!

RIP Cottontail cottage. They tore into the original second floor cardboard and I replaced it with the 3rd floor's cardboard (so the cottage technically had no roof after I did this). The buns took a few months to peel the cardboard up piece by piece but it finally got the point where I didn't think it would hold their weight anymore. The Maze Haven was constructed last night for Toby.

I was trying to get Toby to go explore on the second floor so I put some homemade Toby cookies on the 2nd floor by the entrance hole to lure him up. Toby is so smart that he figured out the Maze Haven is shorter than the Cottontail Cottage; he can periscope and grab the cookie off the window hole of the 2nd floor, without having to actually enter and go upstairs. :biggrin: What a smart bun! He grabbed 3 cookies placed in 3 different places by strategically poking his head in. You can't lure him if he is determined that he's not ready to go into a new cardboard house. ;)

Anyways, the bun Christmas was a lot of fun. Very entertaining :) My best friend even got them wooden carrot chew toys. They are very happy buns.

:dutch

"happy boxing day" for you and the rabbit nation! (I heard "Boxing day" is the day after xmas) ;)
The bunnies got a nice gift, and it's so funny that Toby ate it all after Penny did all the "hard work" for him, hehe
I wish you all a happy new year too!:pink iris:

December 26, 2010 - More pictures!

Kirby using Penny as a pillow
DSC_4382.jpg

Penny chewing on her new chew toy
DSC_4417.jpg

Kirby sleeping with his new toy to guard it from Penny
DSC_4422.jpg

Here's Toby doing everything he can to grab the second floor cookies without actually having to go up to the second floor.
DSC_4389.jpg

DSC_4384.jpg

DSC_4394.jpg

When he finally decided to go up there, he was very skeptical.
DSC_4398.jpg

DSC_4407.jpg

DSC_4402.jpg

My silly rabbits...

December 27, 2010 - Beautiful Buns

Penny is really pretty in this pic.
DSC_4438.jpg

Kirby is sooo shiny and handsome. Aw man, I could just love him forever like this.
DSC_4448.jpg

Kirby is saying "ehhh.... what's up, doc?"
DSC_4444.jpg

Kelly: Toby often has the "get off mah lawn" senior look on his face. He can be such a grumpy bun sometimes! :confused2:

Penny in a harness
IMG_0625.jpg

Toby's preppy shirt with stylish denim jeans
IMG_0629.jpg

Kirby disapproving of Penny's unrefined table manners
IMG_0633.jpg

Cute pictures! The harnesses are really cute. I wish my bunnies would let me dress them up, but nope, they are very determined to remain nudists!

Are you seriously considering taking Penny for a walk on the streets of Manhattan?:biggrin2: Please let me know so I can be there to see it. Is Toby's shirt also a harness. The color would look great on him!

Yes, it seems like "boxing day" is Canadian, I thought it was ok as my American friends say that.. (I guess they want to be Canadian?) ;)
I LOVE all pics! And Toby trying to reach the 2nd floor is so extra cute! Hehe
You *have* to post pics of him wearing his new clothes!! I've never seen a bunny in jeans before, it must be the most adorable thing!!
And I might be wrong, but I guess by the pics that Kirby feasted too much on the holidays? Hehehe. He looks a little bigger. I'm not sure if it's the camera angle though. Penny looks beautiful indeed, as always. All the 3 are really cute!

Hmmm I don't think Kirby gained any weight. If anything he's been slimming down and gaining a bit more muscle since he's so much more active these days. Maybe it is just the angle of the pic :)

I am ending the 2010 blog thread now! I finally created the 2011 one because I can't bear to not blog about them for any longer. After a 2 week hiatus I'm finally getting back into it. Just like last year, I've delayed it a couple of weeks basically because I didn't have time to make the new picture collage LOL

Please read about my fur babies in the new 2011 edition of King Kirby's Rabbit Nation: http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=63093&forum_id=6

Thank you!

Latest posts

Back