King Kirby's Rabbit Nation 2011

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirbyultra

Reaction score
Welcome to King Kirby's Rabbit Nation, 2011 Edition!
BlogOpener2011-800x600.jpg

2009 Edition link is here!
2010 Edition link is here!

Here is the ruler of all the rabbit lands, King Kirby:
DSC_4370.jpg

Kirby is a kind and gentle rabbit who wasn't always privileged and royal. He came from humble beginnings in a cold land until he came upon two silly people in 2008, who found him charming and handsome who would do his bidding and answer to his every desire. And so he established the Rabbit Nation where all rabbits live happily and slaves bring food and warmth every day.
DSC_4101.jpg

Kirby is a 4.5 year old Satin bun and it is a well-known fact that he is the most handsome rabbit in the entire world. ;)

DSC_4477-1.jpg

...Somebody, bring the cameras! A celebrity is here!

Sir Toby was once a loyal subject of King Kirby's rabbit nation, but he would not have his cuteness be overshadowed by Kirby. So he seceded and marked territory of his own in the outskirts of rabbit nation. There he roams a happy and free bun, where he, alone, is adored by fans worldwide. If you want to be a fan as well, you can Like him on Facebook. All the cool people are doing it!
DSC_3638.jpg

Toby is almost 2 years old, and he is a dwarfy mix of all the cutest things on planet earth. Do not be fooled, though. Crossing Toby would be very unwise. Remember, he fought for his independence. He is a veteran bun.

IMG_0313.jpg

If you are looking for your food, look no further. Lady Penelope Anne is probably wearing it. From rags to riches, this big 6 lb lady was a nobody until she was graced by the love of King Kirby. Now Penny has a title, her own servants, and all the food she can stomach. Well, maybe not all. Penny is a saucy little thing when she is hungry, so we keep her appeased as much as we can.
IMG_0639.jpg

Lady Pan-Pan aka Penny is roughly 3 years old and is a mix of probably lots of breeds. Penny and Kirby were meant to be because they both have a white sock on their front right legs. But it wasn't love at first sight as Penny wooed Kirby with her goofiness and endless love in 2009. She gives kisses to all who are kind and especially to her one and only love bunny Kirby. Kirby loves her so much that he even overlooks her utter messiness and lack of manners. Anyway, the slaves will clean it up.

Hope this year will be another fantastic year for the rabbit nation! Don't forget to follow Toby on Facebook!

:dutch

Great blog as always. You express yourself so well.

Need more pictures.

Your Bunnies are BEAUTIFUL.:heartbeat::heartbeat::inlove::inlove::hearts:hearts:big kiss::big kiss:

Susan:happybunny:

Great start to your new blog :) I'm looking forward to reading about all your bunnies adventures in the new year.

Thanks everyone. I will try to make it fun to read! However at the moment I am blogging from my phone so it will just be an update!

January 17, 2011 - Reasons I Can't Sleep

Reason #1: Miss Penny
Penny has decided that she can dig her way into Kirby's pen via a handmade hole through her pee pad, the foam mat beneath that and my hardwood floor beneath that. Lot of fun that is for me.

Reason #2: King Kirby
Kirby is hooked on this Sweet Meadow Farm hay. I do not know why this batch has so much alfalfa and clover in it but I think its practically half timothy and half alf/clover, basically spelling bunny crack in a hay form. I pick out the outrageously large pieces so they don't consume too much but... let's just say the king is not above dumpster diving for bunny crack.
#2B: Hilaria
Penny was snoozing next to the pen and I closed the door so Kirby could go out while keeping Penny The Destructor inside. When Kirby had his fill, he came back very mad to find the door closed. So he rammed into the pen, making a huge clanging metallic noise. It jolted Penny awake and if she wore pants, they'd be scared off. I allowed myself some 2am roaring laughter at that. The buns scare me often enough with sudden pen ramming. It's about time they got a taste of their own medicine.

Reason #3: Baby Toby
I was wrapping everything up, literally going to turn the lights off for bed when Toby looked at me with his shiny gem-like baby eyes. So I opened up the door to his Chateau and gave him a scritch on the head. Kissed him goodnght and locked up to go turn off the lights again. When I looked at him from the light switch, he was standing up, front paws up against the door as if to beg me to stay. Seriously, who could say no to that?

So I squatted down and pet him more, planted more kisses on his head and sang his favorite songs-turned-Ode-To-Toby songs. Favorites like "We wish you a merry Toby" and "Lonely (My Name Is Toby)." He always grinds his teeth happily when I sing and rub his nose.

So now it's 4am and I've sufficiently bunned the night away.

Goodnight all! Happy Bunday Monday...

:dutch

Spotted: Kirby kissing Penny behind the pellet dish.
DSC_4530.jpg

King Kirby sleeping :)
DSC_4497.jpg

The royal couple snuggling under the computer
IMG_0637.jpg

Wow, my foot has never had better things happen to it.
IMG_0644.jpg

Sleepy baby Toto
DSC_4527.jpg

So, Penny completely destroyed my reusable, washable bed pad that I use to soak her urine up when she pees on the floor. Took her ~4 months to mutilate it. It's actually a HUGE pain to wash because it has fur, urine, and hay all stuck to it and in an effort to not kill my washing machine, I have to get most of the debris off the pad with a vacuum before I wash it. I am trying to switch to disposable pee pads instead, but uh, they don't make em that big :( So I am trying to do a 2-piece thing in hopes that Penny won't dig it up at the seams. I can almost guarantee that she will, but I already bought a whole bunch so here goes nothin'.

DSC_4534.jpg

The seam between the two pads is right near the litter box. Uh oh. :(
DSC_4535.jpg

I don't even think it's cotton that's inside the disposable pads but I couldn't find ones that explicitly said absorbent cotton. And I'm pretty freakin' fed up with Penny, just about daily. This is my hail Mary. Wish me luck! Hope the buns don't chew on the top cover and dig out the fluff.

:(

[align=center]I love your blog =]

Good luck in them not chewing up the pads! My buns would eat that in a heartbeat!

Hey, congrats for the new blog, pretty cute!
Toby is cute in Facebook too, is Kirby there? Or Penny?
I can see Toby disliking what you said about Kirby being the most handsome rabbit in the entire world.. can't you have 2 most handsome rabbits there? :)

JadeIcing wrote:
Human pee pads are bigger and cheaper and better.
That is what I am using. I don't use the dog pee pads because they have some kinda "scent" that's supposed to help train dogs. I don't want my buns inhaling that stuff. Do you have experience w/ buying the human pee pads for bun use, Ali? There are so many brands. I'm just trying out a whole bunch, but I know that 36x36 is about as big as they get for humans. :(

hotmaildeal wrote:
Hey, congrats for the new blog, pretty cute!
Thanks!

Toby is cute in Facebook too, is Kirby there? Or Penny?
Nope, Kirby is not there. This is technically Kirby's blog so he has that. Penny hasn't figured out how to communicate yte so she's not online. lol :p

I can see Toby disliking what you said about Kirby being the most handsome rabbit in the entire world.. can't you have 2 most handsome rabbits there? :)
Nope, Kirby is the most handsome bun in the world. Toby however is the undisputed Cutest Bunny in the World. :hearts:

hln917 wrote:
kirbyultra wrote:
What a bunch of lazy buns.

DSC_4536.jpg
Is Kirby's mouth open in this one? 

Well, what you see there is not an open mouth. However, the King's PR staff has forbidden me to tell you whether or not it is a fat fold. :innocent

Latest posts

Back