kindling

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We'll move this into the Rabbitry, our Breeders forum. Somebody should be able to help you there. (Hopefully she won't need the Infirmary).

RO Staff

I'm not a breeder, but I know she'll be pulling hair and building a nest right about now.

And I'll bump this thread for you.

SAS :)and PIPP :bunnydance:

Most does will kindle at night. Since today is the 31st day, she will most likely have them tonight after you go to bed. Are you positive she is pregnant? I wouldn't worry if she doesn't have them soon. Rabbits gestation is not exact. Anywhere from 28-34 days.

As long as she is not straining like she is in labor, you are fine.

Good Luck and keep us posted.

Sharon

Good Luck with your new arrivals! :colors:

Strange enough, my does seem to be the opposite as 'other' breeders rabbits. My does always seem to deliver in the mid day anywhere from 9 am to4 pm. I've never had a doe kindle overnight. Whats even more strange is myone doe has always kindled in the 11 am hour. :ponder:

last time misty our other doe had hers at 8.30 AM and only pulled fur 1 hour before

Flopsy still has not had them she will not let us touch her belly now she is also rearranging her nest

Dwarf_Angel04 wrote:
Good Luck with your new arrivals! :colors:

Strange enough, my does seem to be the opposite as 'other' breeders rabbits. My does always seem to deliver in the mid day anywhere from 9 am to4 pm. I've never had a doe kindle overnight. Whats even more strange is myone doe has always kindled in the 11 am hour. :ponder:

I've got one doe that consistently has kindled at noon - for three litters. What was funny was with one litter - she had four babies at noon. The next day - AT NOON (we were getting ready to go out to lunch and I checked the rabbitry before heading out) - she kindled one more! I say "at noon" - but usually within 20 minutes either side of noon.

She's due today....guess what time I'll be checking her? (Watch her kindle late or early though just to prove me wrong).

Peg

LOL... That "blob" would be the placenta (afterbirth). Typically the doe would consume that, but sometimes (though not often) they will leave one or two.

Sorry to hear about the loss of the other kits - this is prime example of how easily (and fast) kits can die from hypothermia, and that does are unable to relocate the babies after they're born, therefore if they are to survive, we have to put the kitstogether in the nestbox to keep warm.

It will be hard the first couple of days (until it gets fur in) for it to keep warm with no other sibling bodies radiating heat. Keep a close eye on it and Good Luck!

flopsy's kit does not seem to be feeding off her when she is in the nest we have tried to get kit to feed by putting flopsy lying on her back and putting little one onto her to suckle but only stays on a about 4 seconds

littleone's belly is wrinkled

how delicate is the syringing to feed littleone?

It is very delicate - I've lost every kit I've ever tried to save that way. The one kit I came close to saving...I made the formula a bit thicker than I usually did - I'm not sure if that was right or not - and I used an eye dropper to put a drop on its mouth/lips.

I wish I knew how to help you more - is the little one a peanut (the vet might have said so if it was)?

Peg

Ok - that is good. The only reason I mentioned the idea it could be a peanut was because it sounded like it wasn't latching on real well to the nipple.

Have you tried having mom stand over the baby to see if it will lay on its back and eat? that is how they normally eat - with mama standing over them. It is so cute to watch their little legs kick out as they're eating....

Peg

Try holding the doe right side up... then place the kit upsidedown under her - this will help her milk "let down"... but make sure she is calm and relaxed before placing the kit under her. The kit will wiggle and squirm going from nipple to nipple until it finds one that it will latch onto for a good nursing.

weve tried that littleone can't reach its moving from one nipple to another but not staying for 20 seconds

littleone is pooping so it must be having something?

belly is still wrinkled, flopsy is standing over it most of the day and cleaning it do they have to have frog bellies?

any other suggestions

Latest posts

Back