kidney issues

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oreo1

Reaction score
My 2.5 year old seemingly healthy bunny became extremely sick overnight. He was eating and drinking but when I took him to vet he was very dehydrated and blood levels for sodium and other things extremely high. The vet is trying to figure out what exact bacterial infection could be the cause. We took him home and are administering IV fluids 2x a day, antibiotic, omega fatty supplement and 3x day critical care food supplement. Thank G-d he survived last night and looks a bit better today. He is eating and drinking. Does anybody experienced this with their bunny?!!

I don't have any experience with this, but just wanted to say that I'm sorry your rabbit isn't feeling well and hope your vet will be able to figure out how to best help him. I don't know if it's a possibility, but I know that e. cuniculi can affect a rabbits kidneys, so maybe something to ask your vet about.

Thank you for your well wishes. We are now treating him for the E. cicili (spelling?!) bacteria and praying for the best. He is such a trooper-every time we think it's goodbye he surprises us. He hopped around the room a little! And continues to eat and drink

Latest posts

Back