Keeping rabbit calm during car journeys

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rambobunny

Reaction score
Hi everyone I took Rambo (my bun) to our closest rabbit savvy vets yesterday for his pre-nurturing examination which is 45 minutes away.
Do you have any tips on how to keep a bun calm during a car journey? He’s heart rate was going super first after the journey there which calmed down after a treat and being petted. He was better on the way home as I petted him for the journey while in his carrier. We also played music quietly but not sure that made a difference.

Any tips would be appreciated as want to make sure the journey to and from his surgery next week is as stress free as possible 💜

If interaction and petting him helps, and you can safely do that while in the car, I would continue with that. Otherwise, that type of thing takes training with slowly desensitizing the rabbit to the process. And this takes time to build up to that. Like first getting the rabbit completely comfortable with the carrier, then short trips and gradually increasing the time in the car with comforting and rewarding your rabbit so the car is associated with good things.

Latest posts

Back