Kale

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oreo and bella

Reaction score
So I be tried my rabbits with kale got to wait now see what happens just want to know if they are ok how often to give it them a week thank for advice ps they did love it wanted more but couldn't

Just to add that while kale is very much appreciated by rabbits,it has been found to have quite high pesticide residues in tests on fruit and vegetables.Usually it will say on the bag 'unwashed curly kale etc.I always give it a really good soak and rinse before feeding it just to be on the safe side.

Thank you for the advise I was thinking what veggies could I mix with kale if you could am trying to sort a schedule with the vegetables I don't want to end up giving them extra nutrition that could harm them

Most dark green leafy veg should be fine.
I feed romaine lettuce, spring mix, herbs and book choy. Some days, I’ll add kale or spinach as a nice extra.

Thank you for the advise I was thinking what veggies could I mix with kale if you could am trying to sort a schedule with the vegetables I don't want to end up giving them extra nutrition that could harm them
If kale is new to them, then don't try anything else new yet. They should stick with one new green for a few days before trying something else. each time you try a new green, give it several days. First day it should be just a little bit. Then each day after is a bit more. Once they've had the same green for several days without a change in poos, then check that off as an acceptable green.

Once you have a list of greens acceptable to your rabbit, then you can mix and match them.

For things like kale that should be limited, you can either do as suggested and only offer it a few times per week. OR you can offer it for several days in a row and then stop for a week or so.

You don't need to worry about "too much" nutrition. Once they are used to greens, they can have 2-4 cups of greens daily. If you would like a list of greens -- one list with ones safe for every day and one list for those that should be limited, scroll down here:
https://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com/greens--veggies.html

Latest posts

Back