Kale

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjpeter

Jenn
Reaction score
We're having fun introducing Bella to new veggies and have a fridge full. :)

Now, I read that spinach and swiss chard were high in oxalic acid and should be given in moderation. I was using this list as a reference:

http://rabbit.org/suggested-vegetables-and-fruits-for-a-rabbit-diet/

I've now seen other sites saying that kale is also high in oxalic acid and should be given in moderation. That's one of her favorites so far, so I'm curious whether it needs to be given in moderation, or not.

Today we're introducing fresh basil leaves!

One of the best things for bun is fresh herbs as they count as leafy greens. Basil is a real favourite with minecas is dill, parsley, rosemary, coriander and sage. Kale is a favourite with a lot but alternate is with other greens. Mine also like rocket, endives, carrot, beetroot and radish tops and they do like cabbage and cauli leaves and broccoli although as these are cruciferous veg which may cause gas, you may want to go carefully but mine love it.

Try baby arugula. It's one of Sophie's faves! Yes, kale should be given in moderation.

I give mine kale one day, another green another day.. test it out and see how she likes it and what she likes more of.
Try herbs also like Rosemary and Mint...

Vanessa

Ooh, basil's always well-received. I am SUCH a fan of cilantro/coriander, it's practically my buns' staple veggie and I'm pretty sure we've avoided a lot of potential GI problems because of its purported gut-soothing properties. I also gave a whole bunch of it to Rosebun when he had bad gas last week, and he was soon cured with a mere fart.

I also like giving fennel greens, it's like a edible toothbrush. (Disclaimer: unsubstantiated opinion based on appearance and tough texture. lol)

Latest posts

Back