Just moved apartments and need help to potty train my 2 years old rabbit - any suggestions?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sachastaheyeff

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just moved apartments with my 2 years old bunny, Bello. In my previous place, he was a free range rabbit and was allowed everywhere in the apartment. My new place is bigger and I have a roommate who is not so comfortable with bunny poop and pee. We have only been living these three days. I read that I need to potty train him again, so I have put him in the cage to make sure that he does his business in the right place and even put in a separate potty litter box in the cage but he does seem to go much in it. I have let him out in the room where his cage is a few times and almost every time, he poops and pees.. I need HELP!!!! Suggestions on what to do please :)

Thanks!
S

Make sure to pick up all the poop and put it in the litter box, and wipe the pee with a paper towel or tissue and put that in the litter box also. Then be sure to clean the area thoroughly with a non-toxic cleaner, a pet urine cleaner or water/vinegar mixture. You'll just have to do this consistently each and every time to get good results. The two main things to bear in mind are; 1) some rabbits are only trained to pee in the litterbox but will choose to poop wherever the they want. Some will also accidentally kick poop and hay out when they hop in and out. 2) your litter set-up can change how often your rabbit goes in there. Make sure that the litter box is big enough for the rabbit to turn around, add a thin layer of appropriate litter and a great handful of hay.

https://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com/odor-free-home.html
I hope it goes well!

Because this is a new territory for him, he's going to want to mark his territory. So you need to start with a home base, and only expand once he is using his litter box consistently. If you changed litter boxes but have the old box still, switching back to the old litter box may help and use the same set up and litter as you used before. You want his litter box to be familiar to him.

https://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com/litter-training.html

Latest posts

Back