Just introducing myself.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lionheadbunny21

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Janesta. I got a Lionhead 11 days ago and I absolutely ADORE her. She is about 3-4 months old. I'm going to bring her in and get her checked out (make sure she is a she). She is brown. Shy but getting more and more curious about her surroundings. I have been doing a lot of research and learned that they need buddies. I also found out, my lionhead had a sister housed with her. So then and there, I went on a search for another bunny. I heard about 4 little lionheads and went to see them right away. A few days later I went back to get one, and they were all gone EXCEPT ONE. Meant to be or what :D So, she is 2 1/2 months old and WAAY tinier then the older one. I am currently bonding them, and hoping they can eventually share a cage :)My daughter is inlove with them. She calls them Fluffy and Happy. But I had named them Chase and Snickers. She'll probly win :D Don't they always.:p So that's me and my bunnies. I am learning a lot in this little bit of time, but I want happy and healthy bunnies. This site is wonderful :D

We also have 2 guinea pigs..All new this year. My kids think we have a pet house. :thumbup

Welcome to the forums!

I don't know where you read that rabbits need buddies, but that's not right at all. Many of us here keep single bunnies and many many people have failed bondings and/or bondings that take many months/years to accomplish. Personally I think rabbits make great solitary pets.

Guinea pigs, on the other hand, are better in pairs. ;) Best of luck with your 2 new cuties!

Welcome

I would be wary of bonding them right now. If you do not know the sexes, they could breed in the next few months. Even of they are the same sex, they could start to fight when they are about 5 months old. I would wait until both are fixed (can be done at about 5-6 months old), then try to bond them.

Thank you for the kind welcome. I am totally new to owning pets. I've had my guinea pigs for almost 3 months and my bunnies for over a week and 3 days for the younger one. I am just trying to raise them happily. But I have the 2 and since we brought home the second one, we've seen a change in thefirst one. She's been more social and willing to come out to us. We heard she had a sister and I guess I just assumed she was lonely without her. But I love them both. They are in seperate cages and don't get out of their cages at the same time unsupervised. The little one (Chase) stays on one side (by us) and the older one (Snickers) stays close to her cage and explores the dining room area. For now I'll just keep them seperate and of course not push anything onto them. They were adorable when they first met tho :D

my name is hope ive littrally just got my black lionhead bunny called blossom she is the cutest thing ever!!!! i have been looking for another bunny for blossom i would prefer a boy because i would like to be a breeder. do YOU (any one) know were i could get one a pet shop? any were?:pray:

Let me welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

I have listed some links I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How To Bond With Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo.

I am glad you have joined rabbits online and I look forward to seeing you around.

lionheadhope wrote:
my name is hope ive littrally just got my black lionhead bunny called blossom she is the cutest thing ever!!!! i have been looking for another bunny for blossom i would prefer a boy because i would like to be a breeder. do YOU (any one) know were i could get one a pet shop? any were?:pray:

Hi Hope, can you start your own thread in Introductions so we don't get you mixed up with Lionheadbunny21?

:thanks:

Thank you for the links and hello back at you Pipp. My bunnies are doing so well. I'm still having a hard time uploading pictures. I would love to show them off somemore. And congratulations Lionheadhope on your new bunny, and welcome. Sorry it's so delayed, it took me awhile to get used of the forun and all that. I LOVE THIS SITE BY THE WAY :)

Latest posts

Back