Just got spayed, don’t know if I should be worried

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delaney

Reaction score
Hi so it’s about 330 am my time, can’t sleep because I feel the need to watch her, I officially picked her up from the vet twelve hours ago and she hasn’t really eaten, I put all of her favorite food in front of her and she won’t really take it, I’ve tried to feed her water and critical care with a syringe and she fights me so bad she doesn’t like me to touch and try and open her mouth a bit and I’m just so scared of her going into gi stasis, I really don’t think I could handle losing her, and I’m just wondering, should I be worried? And if not when should I be worried? Should I keep trying to feed her water and critical care, and if so how much? I know it’s late but I hope I can get some responses soon

If she haven’t start eating in the morning, take her to the vet. Don’t know how the service are but my vet told me to take my bucks to them if they haven’t started eating the next day.

So they could put my bunny on drip, pain meds and try to get him to eat at the veterinarian instead.

But I was lucky he started eating before the morning. Before I had to feed him with critical care so he got a bit water and food in the stomach.

You should try to feed critical care and water, did you get pain meds for her. Doe will feel a lot more pain than bucks, they need pain meds.

Yes does definitely need pain meds. Even with pain meds mine still wasn’t very active. They also needs lots of alone time to rest. How long have you been spending/around her? It’s good that you keep checking on her but she needs time to rest spays are very invasive. Also I’ve heard that syringe feeding can cause choking/pain but I haven’t looked into that too much. Make sure that she doesn’t have to move around too much but definitely take her to the vet if you’re that worried.

I called the vet because after 24 hours of no eating, he believes she has a very bad hair ball stuck in her and recommended I syringe feed her pineapple juice and more water and critical care until she starts eating on her own, so I fed her a couple syringes of the juice and one of critical care after the vet and she’s had a bit of runny, even long poops so hopefully she’s slowly getting it out, and her gut is feeling better, she REALLY fought me on her medicine but we got it down and she’s being more normal, still no food, but pooping and she’s chewing on her toy

Latest posts

Back