Just got off the phone with the vet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitluvr04

Reaction score
I just made Twinky an appt. for his neuter, itis on Wednesday. Is this a good price?...$99 for the exam and theneuter? The vet does around 4 rabbit neuters per month. But the lowestamount he does per month is anout 2. Does this sound good to you guys?:?

Price sounds very good ,

as long as he isnt doing 4 ayear i feel your all setwith him doing the neutering .As long as you feel comfortable with yourVet everything should go just fine .

That's a good price. The lowest Icould find is $85, but honestly most vets in my area charge well over$100. I think that 4 a month is pretty good, I would be happywith that number. Good luck with the neuter!!

Jen

the vet told me not to feed him before thesurgery starting the night before....well i looked it up and I guessthat it is worse for rabbits not to have surgery on an empty stomach soI let him eat till about 6-7pm the night before then in the morning Igave him a cracker to have something in his stomach and the surgerywent great and he bounced back to normal

Your rabbits can eat and drinkright up and until the surgery.

Rabbits can't throw up, so it's good to let them eat and drink.

Here I found this under the cheat sheet for rabbits up above, and it said:

does the veterinarian require withholding of food and water prior tosurgery in rabbits? (It is better not to do this--rabbits can't vomit,so there is no risk of that during surgery, and rabbits should never beallowed to get empty digestive tracts)

Monkeys!:)

I can get my males fixed at $78.50 without anyblood work done. With blood work including liver scans and stuff (thevet recommends this) is $122.52. So I think we will go with the secondsince it is not a big difference.

That is a very decent price! I got myrabbit neutered for a little over $100. Try and find out asmuch as you can about how the doctor does the neuter!

Keep us posted

-Vanessa

Latest posts

Back