Just Frank

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PwnzorsNTittylwinks

Reaction score
I started a blog not that long ago for frank and his then potential friend, luna. but things didnt work out and we are back down to just frank. so i thought Id make a separate one for him :)

for anyone who doesnt know, Hes a dwarf himmie, about a year old (when we got him they estimated it at 6mo. and he has been with us for 6 months in two weeks so im planning to have a corny little "birthday" for him. lol.

His name is Frank (after the evil bunny in Donnie Darko?. his eyes are REW and most of our friends said he was evil because of it when we first got him.so I decided to name him after the only evil bunny I knew, and the longer we have had him, the name Frank just suits him. even though he is definitely not evil.)

My name is Jessica and my live-in boyfriend is Perry. we had been saving up for a rabbit for about 5 months before I happened to be in the pet store when some lady dropped Frank off asking for the store to find a home because she couldnt keep him! as if the pet store was a proper place to just abandon a pet...
So i took him home that same night. he lasted all of 3 hours in the store before we brought him home. we went on an emergency pet supplies shopping spree and got everything we thought he needed. of course since then his pen as graduated from a store bought to a NIC-mansion. and his toy collection has tripled, and he is the most spoiled thing in the world.

our other pets are a leopard Gecko named Lady (also spoiled. but more so with food and playtime, since lizards dont really get toys. lol) and a indestructible Betta fish named Derp. (He has made 3 big moves since getting him right before we moved in, has been sick 3 times, and somehow is still going strong. lol I have always been a horrible fish keeper, but my boyfriend and I seem to have done good with this one)

I am going to school for Animal Science and hoping to get my Vet Technician Certification too.

BUT anyways! this is a blog for frankfort, so I will just add a small Easter story and some pictures and be done for today :)

StoryTime!
my boyfriends mother is ...eccentric lol so she bought, knowing of franks fail bond, a FurrReal Friends Bunny and put it in our easter basket. This little toy, for those who dont know, is a robotic rabbit. with fur, hopping, sniffing, tooth purring, and perescoping. So just out of curiosity of what he would do we put it in the floor with him! Hes a dwarf so the toy was almost as big as he was! at first he kinda lunged and made quick movements towards it, and then all of sudden he started to groom the thing! I didnt know how to react to that, he was grooming a fake rabbit. lol
We took video, so if that ever makes it onto my computer I will post it here too :)

So anywayyyy. here are some pictures:)

first picture.jpg

SECONDPICTURE TOGETHER.jpg

love1.jpg

821_532402136788683_1770996801_n.jpg

574931_10151473273203535_1718632275_n.jpg

576007_10151506025758535_117964109_n.jpg

72828_10151349605428535_507453960_n.jpg

269343_10151509590263535_245532023_n.jpg

527233_10151107128623535_877979757_n.jpg

tumblr_mc1zxiNRCz1qe5k0to1_500.jpg

Aww, Frank is adorable! I can't wait to see the video of him with the fur real bunny. I loved the photos, especially the one of the lizard where it looks like she's smiling. I loved reading about your pets and I'll be watching for more updates.

Are you planning on getting another bunny to bond him to?

Oh yay! Frank pictures!! He's just darling! I love his sweet little nose!!!
And your gecko! I just want to snuggle her! She's so friendly!

You really need to put up that video of Frank with the bunny toy. I'm dying to see it! Super glad you started a blog for him!

Just love his colouring and that cute little face. Yes, I remember the other blog with Luna, I guess it didn´t work out, that´s a shame.

Wondered also if you were considering trying him with a lady friend again.

my boyfriend has yet to bring the video of frank and his furreal friend from the camera to the computer. but I do have a couple pictures from earlier. He ate his salad "with" it earlier and was grooming it this morning so I snapped a few pics. all I do is leave it on the floor and he seems to just like hanging out with it. lol

also! yes we do want to try another bonding but we just (and by just i mean like 2 days ago) found out we will be moving because of my schooling. Im going to be transferring to the main campus a year earlier then i first planned. so we want to wait til we are in our new place and things feel a bit more stable. :) luckily the rescue we worked with is willing to work with us and instead of taking a refund I am just donating that money until we go in for anothr bun.
actually, if anyone has any information on male+male bonds thatd be great, its just an idea I thought of lately. or even adult+baby bonds? I know these can be difficult. but was wondering if anyone had any success stories.

hope everyone is having a good day!/night!

tumblr_mkpio0EGMn1s4o3y1o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mkp9kyoFt41s4o3y1o1_500.jpg

I loved the pictures! I can't wait until your boyfriend uploads the video, I bet its so cute,

Your moving? Congrats! And good on you for donating the money to a bunny in need. I don't know much about bonding male+male or baby+adult but I can tell you that male+female bonds are usually the easiest.

Frank got his FIRST time outside today! he seemed to really like it, so im hoping to be able to do it more. he was in a xpen made of NIC cubes on our balcony:)
also, moving sucks. this is stressful.

here are some outdoors pics to cheer me up. lol

photo 2 (1).jpg

photo 1 (1).jpg

photo 3 (1).jpg

Frank is such a cute little guy! He looks so soft, makes me want to pick him up and snuggle him. And I love the black spot on his nose he is really adorable.

I'm glad he liked his time out! He looks like so much fun.

Frank is such a cute little guy! He looks so soft, makes me want to pick him up and snuggle him. And I love the black spot on his nose he is really adorable.

I'm glad he liked his time out! He looks like so much fun.

he is the softest thing i have ever touched i swear lol. but he is so not a snuggler :( he likes it when youre on the floor with him. but he hattteesss being held lol he's a turd.

Aww, Ash is pretty soft too. And also Ash hates it when I pick him up, I mean he will tolerate it but if I hold him for too long he starts kicking. Maybe its the way I hold him, but I don't think so he is just a grump about being picked up, lol.

Frank is so cute! I actually have never seen a "dwarf himi" :)

But I also have to say i love your gecko. I seriously have an obsession with lizards of ANY kind it surprises myself I've never owned one. I have been close to getting a beardie or a leopard gecko but never got there. I have a gecko tattooed on my foot though.

Frank is so cute! I actually have never seen a "dwarf himi" :)

But I also have to say i love your gecko. I seriously have an obsession with lizards of ANY kind it surprises myself I've never owned one. I have been close to getting a beardie or a leopard gecko but never got there. I have a gecko tattooed on my foot though.

awh thank you! i didnt used to be a reptile/lizard person at allllll but i just fell in love with her and the boy she used to be with (her previous owners put them together not knowing how bad it could be. but we got them separated and he is now my moms:p ) and now i just think lizards are adorable lol.

since this is a blog i guess it doesnt hurt to share a picture of her too! i mean she is Franks scaley sister anyway. :)
this morning she was all about the worms. it was too cute.

tumblr_mksl7lfXdj1s4o3y1o1_500.jpg

She is adorable! I love lizards too. Is she friendly? like does she come up to you for attention.

omgsh she is the friendliest little thing and puts up with my cuddles all the time lol she has a habbit of climbing up the door of her vivarium and staring at us on the couch until we give in and get her out lol she is my little sweetheart :)

also, on a bunny note! my dad is sleeping over at our apartment tomorrow night because he has training in my town and i dont want him paying for a hotel room because thats stupid when im right here. but he will be sleeping on our couch (its a futon that actually used to be my bed when i lived with my dadlol) which is in the living room with Frank. and now im worried frank is going to keep him up all night! lol

I havent been on in a few days so heres an update!

dad slept just fine with frank in the room, his visit was fun actually :) I rarely get some one on one time with him since i dont live there anymore and when i visit im seeing the whole family not just him so it was nice to get to see him :)))

ALSO I got offered an internship at the vet clinic i take Frank AND Lady to today!! :))) SO starting on May 7th ill be spending my tuesdays/thursdays/every other saturday at the vets office observing surgeries and helping around the clinic! :) I AM SO EXCITED I MIGHT EXPLODE :)

ALSO i got my third tattoo on sunday. spent 4 hours in the chair and im in love with the results :) i wont bore you with the explanation unless you ask me to but basically its representing my mixed family. :)

10018_10151539714053535_1279572034_n.jpg

That is a gorgeous tattoo but ouch! That's awesome you get to work at your own clinic! Learn everything!

Glad your visit with your daddy went so well. Glad too there's no animosity between Frank and your daddy! Lost sleep can be a big contention!

Ooh I definitely love the tattoo, I love colourful tattoos in general.

Frank is too cute for words and the picture of him grooming the furreal friends bunny is so cute.
I have a soft spot for REWs now... Darn rabbits, always find a way to weasel themselves in to your heart lol

Congrats on the vet internship! How exciting.

Love LOVE the pics of your gecko eating the worms. Seriously SO cute. It makes me want one again :)

Latest posts

Back