Just discussed a painful subject with my love-interest

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sugarbunnies

Reaction score
I was in a relationship for 4 years with an older man who took advantage of me (I met him when I was 14). He led me on for 4 years and took some of my first experiences. I thought he genuinely loved me, and I always took the risk of lying to my parents about our relationship because I loved him so much. He ended up breaking my heart (cheating on me and eventually ignoring me). I could barely get out of bed for about a month and a half, and the rest of the year was touch and go for then.

But now I am deeply interested in my best friend who had moved away to Massachusetts. This would be a long distance thing. His income is relatively unstable, and this would be a long, difficult process to ever take a step forward enough to move in together. The thing is, every time I think about this I want to cry. To find someone I'm finally interested in and actually scared of losing is devastating. We talk every day for hours on end, too.

It really sucks.

I've been through the long-distance with someone who's also your best friend thing before... and yeah, it really truly sucks :(

Latest posts

Back