just a question about playing with my rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tayler

Reaction score
is it okay/good/healthy to play with your bun? for example my 3 month old bun acts like a puppy i let him run on my bed and he popcorns all over the place and comes up asking for attention like he wants something, how do i interact with him in this instance

Yes! They love play time. I usually settle on the floor with Pickles and she will come over to me. I try not to force interaction and let her set the pace. She will flop down next to me and loves to get a massage!

thats good to hear, my bun seems to actually demand attention however nudging and putting his front paws up on my back or lap and he does spins and jumps and popcorns when i tap on the bed next to him he also flops when i give him pets and rubs though

Play hold cuddle. Mine loves to be touched. Give him lots of attention. I also did not know rabbits were so loving and so much like a little puppy. Just be careful when you hold them and walk around hold them tight and snug they can spook and jump out of your arms.

When he get older, he might stop being as playful but they will still love play time. While demanding attention. My bunny Odin would always play around on the bed and then later snuggle up in the arms to sleep.

Just a heads up your bunny might start peeing in the bed soon, so keep and eye on him so he won’t start. Extremely hard to teach them not to do it, when they get the habit. But neutering him will often help ^^

I often have one of my bunnies disturb me while I study demanding attention.

4F4CFC7F-9807-43CB-88F2-4672CF1866ED.jpg

thanks for the advise, i wanted to say though that peeing was an issue from day one but i kinda have him trained on where to pee , we use puppy pads when were on the bed also he doesnt like to much to be held and carried until hes in a hoodie kangaroo pouch, also thought i should mention my buns name is boba

They interact and desire play just like all mammals, but as prey animals, they're a bit different as to how they go about it than, say, a cat or dog.

I hang out with my rabbits, pet them, groom./brush them, feed them, talk to them. I've experimented with teaching them tricks and using jumps as well. I try to get them to come to me, run around in circles, or popcorn around. I've put on music to see how they react.

It takes some time, but you'll develop some communication with your rabbit, and start to understand what it's doing and maybe why. (And I think they even start to understand us a bit, too...)

Latest posts

Back