Junie Not Eating Her Greens!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdith4him

Reaction score
Junie has always been super picky about food. She's a good hay eater and loves her pellets, but she's never been very open to new foods. As of a couple days ago, she would only eat romaine lettuce and cilantro. We've tried parsley, spinach, kale, turnip greens, endive, and others and she simply won't eat them (even after multiple times offering it to her).

Anyway, yesterday we gave her the normal bowlful of romaine and cilantro. She wouldn't eat any of it. I tried hand feeding her, giving it to her later in the evening...no dice. Finally I offered her some pellets since I figured she needed to eat something and she inhaled them.

Tonight--same story. She will not eat the greens! We feed the bunnies Sherwood pellets, which they say are supposed to be the complete nutrients that bunnies need and no other foods are necessary. If she won't eat the greens, should we just give her pellets? Is anyone else's bunny this picky?!?

Maybe you could wait a few days and then try again with some greens, but the pellets will provide all the nutrients she needs.

I would not worry about it too much. When I had my rabbitry I never gave any of the rabbit veggies ever (except for Tiger because she was the queen). They lived on a diet of pellets daily and hay every couple of days. Never had a problem with it. Veggies are a treat you have to remember. They are not a necessity.

Nala always eats kale, though not necessarily a lot. occasionally, she eats some cilantro if Gaz doesn't inhale it all first... or *maybe* the vein part of romaine lettuce (which isn't even the part I want her eating). other than that, she snubs veggies like they're toxic. she eats the sherwood pellets and a LOT of hay and does just fine.

Latest posts

Back