Jumping out of his pen

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfinner1

Reaction score
So, I just got my NIC panels, and I was really excited. I spent like half an hour zipping them together to make my new bun a run on his cage. I watched him explore it for a while after it was done, then went into the next room to check my email. Within 10 minutes, Ggio was wandering around my feet... I put him back, and it took him all of 10 second to scale the pen. Right now it's only 2 panels high (28"). I can make it 3 high, but I'm worried that he'll try to jump that too and hurt himself. And the run is too big and too oddly shaped to try to cover it. So I guess what I'm asking is will he be smart enough to realize that he can't jump over 3 panels? Or do I have to worry about him hurting himself?

I say go for three panels, since you can't cover it. Keep everything he can jump on top of a few feet away from the fence, too. One of mine used to jump on his cage then out of the pen until we realized what he was doing.

Are you sure he's not squeezing through the holes, though? The big ones can easily fit a 4 pound rabbit.

All of my panels are the small holes, so that's not an issue. The second time he jumped out, I was still in the room. He didn't even wait for me to turn around before he jumped it again. :rollseyes I actually think it's kinda neat that he can jump like this... I tried training my other rabbit to jump, but he's just not a jumper (and he has he attention span of a goldfish...) so maybe I can train Ggio to jump, since he already enjoys it so much, lol. I'm gonna put them three high tomorrow, and hope that works.

for my jumpers i did 3 high and put cardboard on the whole top row (so they DONT try and jump .they see something blocking their way ) then took the cardboard out after about a week and then took the 3rd row out..now my jumpers dont even attempt to get over the 2 high NIC play area.

having 3 high was very unstable i had to secure it to the wall in certain areas...i also added extra cube panels crisscrossed throughout to give more stability.

Latest posts

Back