JULY 9, 2005 - Boathouse Bunnies Party

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolyn

Reaction score
attachment.php

Hi Folks! This serves as a reminder to you to mark your schedules early for 2005.

Iwill requirethat people submit to me a photo ofthemselves so that when they arrive at the party, they can first reportto Security, and then will be shown the way down to theBoathouse. You may send me your picture viaemail or snail mail, but unless you have a photo identification, thenyou won't be able to get into the party. One can never be toocareful when meeting people online.

This year'sBoathouse Bunny party will be heldin thenorthwest corner of Connecticuton July 9,2005. (RSVP needed by June 9,2005) We'd love to have you join us.

Pack a lunch, your family, and of course your long-earred furkids - rabbits only - no dogs, sorry.

snoopy.gif

If you are coming from far away and need a place to spend the night, Ican arrange to have you and yours stay in a dormitory roomatthe private school that the party will be heldatfor $25 per person per night.

What isthere?

• a private beach
  • boathouse with full kitchen and bathrooms
  • Agolf course (bring your clubs if you play golf)
  • barbeque grill
  • Fishing (lake is stocked- bring your fishingpoles)
  • Walking paths through the woods
  • floating dock
  • Bunny Boutique - nail clipping lesson by Buck Jones
  • Rent arow boat for $5/hour to go out on the lake
  • Spend the night for $25/per personat location. Rabbits mayaccompany you in the rooms

[align=left]
clipthumper21.gif
[/align]

-Carolyn

Ooooo...I SO want to go to this, but am not sureI can swing it. My Visa will be approved by then, so I'm not worriedabout that, I'm just unsure as to what is going to be going on in ourlives at that time. Dave graduates this spring and we have no ideawhere we're going to end up.

Still, I'm going to mention it to him and see what we can do. Believeit or not, we actually met because of a different message board we wereboth on, at a function out in Las Vegas. :p So we're into gettingtogether with online groups, it's just so awesome to be able to meetpeople face to face.

Ooooh, I'm so excited!! I'm 99.9% positive I cango, and I'll be bringing Christine (u8myhouse) with me :) Thanks forthe reminder Carolyn, now to go work on my parents. . . (I'm 20, andindependant, but don't know if they have plans :?)

Not to step on any toes or anything, but onething my other online group did was have a core group of people whowere going be responsible for certain things. One of the requirementswas a phone call before the get together, to make the person "real". Itjust helped safeguard things.

If you want help (such as with the Canadians going), I am willing togive it! Organazing these things can sometimes be stressful.....and I'mnot working right now so have the time.

I so hope you and Christine can make it, m.e.

Stephanie, don't worry at all about stepping on toes.The more tips I can get on how to keep things safe, thebetter. We do have a Security staff that people will have togo through first, and that does make me feel more comfortable - andhopefully will help others to as well. Hope you can make it,but I realize that things are going to be very busy foryou atthat time.

To those that can't make it because of the distance or other reasons, I completely understand.

[align=left]
thumper01.jpg
[/align]

[align=left]-Carolyn[/align]

Oh, come on, folks! Don't tell us whocan't/won't come. Tell us who is definitely going to bethere, so we can look forward to meeting you!

Good Lord willing, the Missus and I will be there with some, if notall, our buns. The Boathouse Bunny Party environs are prettyposh and exquisite in a New England kind of way. This is thetype of place Norman Rockwell used to depict in many of hispaintings. I doubt you would be disappointed.

Buck

I understand. I wouldn't bring them inthat case, Michelle. It could be too much for them to behopping from one place to another.

:)

-Carolyn

Yeah, we enjoyed it, too, Claudia! TheMissus and I met Claudia, Dave and their most well behaved childrenlast summer in California at the Museum of Western Heritage inGlendale. Museum closed down, but staff permitted us to usetheir picnic table, chairs, and benches until we all were ready todepart. A most enjoyable experience.

Buck

It's on ourcalendar! Sebastian's Little Girl already has $110.00 saved for thetrip to Tucker Town! Now come on you all, if a 7-year-old can have theself control to keep from spending all the money she got forChristmas to that she can to to the Boathouse Bunny Party, then comehell or high water there has to be a few more of you that can manageit! I am so looking forward to it. I've been planning to go sinceCarolyn first mentioned it months ago.

Stephanie.....
angry-tantrum3.gif
......Iwant you to go!

Raspberry

Hey this sounds like fun!!! I'll have to wait until closer to the date to see if we can make it.

Mr. Wiggles would love it :D

Megan

I am thinking that maybe Dave and I can swing it.I don't think we'd have a problem getting the bunnies across theborder, I'm just not sure what's going to be going on at that time inour lives, as far as Dave being graduated and where he's going to endup working.

Still, I'm not afraid of traveling alone and could very well go down bymyself. As I am a fellow New Englander, I am dying to see New Englandagain and I've never been to CT in the first place!

Also, I LOVE fishing (keep my pole and box in my car actually - just incase) so that is very tempting. I'm sure one of you would Bunnysit forme. :p

Our theme song in Tucker Town comes from the movie, Oliver.

Consider yourself At Home.

Consider yourself One of the Family :)

The door's always open to you and yours, Stephanie. :)

-Carolyn

Meganc,

Sure would love it if you and yours could make it!

:dude:

Buck Jones just doesn't seem to want to take No for an answer.Considering Jan is trying to work it out from the Other Side of thePond does give one incentive!

:)

-Carolyn

Hip Hip HOOOORRAAAYYY, Stephanie!!

Bring your mom and we'll pick on her hair!

(An elephant never forgets, Pam!)

;)

-Carolyn

P.S. We'll definitely celebrate your Birthday!

Latest posts

Back