July 2009

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:party:Happy Canada Day! :Canada small: :party:

9zqavo.jpg

Actually it was Pets in the Park put on by the Edmonton Humane Society on Sunday.Thefurry animals were just mingling with the crowd.I was a volunteer Photographer at the event. Jan, I couldn't stay away, so I wentearly to Hawerlak Park for two hours before going to the wedding in the afternoon.

24whro2.jpg

10o1x5y.jpg

Here is a picture from today.
It is a baby mini rex mix being adopted out by a Grade 4 teacher. So that made my day. :D

m73nnc.jpg

So I've officially had my second rabbit emergency situation this year. I went out to see Zoey last night and her eye looked funny so I pulled her out. She has a fairly large opaque spot on her eye. After looking closer I realised she had scratched her eye and that was why. So my parents dropped her off at my local vet and they kept her for the day until someone got a chance to look at her. They gave me antibiotic drops and told me to bring her in for a recheck in a few days. So here's to hoping Zoey makes a speedy, uneventful, and full recovery.

I am also still dealing with Naomi's disability as she has had issues with cleaning herself since she got sick and quite often gets Cecotropes squished and stuck to her fur which then grow as other things get stuck in it.

My pony is in training after I decided that I just can't start her myself if I have no one who can help me, it's just too dangerous. And now I am worried about board costs this winter as we are having a SEVERE drought and crops are expected to only reach 60% yield of normal years and that's only if we have exceptional growing weather for the rest of the year.

All and all, it hasn't been the best few months for me. But at the same time, I know it could be worse, I'm just hoping things get better.

Hope Zoey is fine. Does Naomi's head look normal now (tilt)?

Hay is going to be a problem for everyone in the area. I gave a bale to the Humane Society and it was gone in 10 days. The next time I get hay from the farmer (if I can) I would stock up.

There is no Edmonton Rabbit Show in August this year. We switched theshow to Valleyview linking up with their Rodeo and fair on August 9.

Naomi's head is not straight. It is a lot better than it was but it has a definitely angle to it. But she moves around fine, and is just as happy as ever. But she doesn't ever stand up on her back feet anymore and she doesn't clean her bum anymore. All I can say is thank goodness she is so mellow and lets me do whatever I want to her.

Sorry you're having problems, Laura. Georgia has to be cleaned every day because she has a poopy bottom, so I know it's not fun.

yes, I was wondering how the drought would affect the hay. I guess the prices will shoot up, as there will be too much demand and not enough supply :(

Stan, I never saw those furry animals at Pets in the Park, but I didn't get there until after mid day. I noticed they didn't have any rabbits available in the mobile adoption truck -only cats/kittens. Last year, Jester (or Morning Glory as he was then) was there.

Jan

LuvaBun wrote:
Stan, I never saw those furry animals at Pets in the Park, but I didn't get there until after mid day. I noticed they didn't have any rabbits available in the mobile adoption truck -only cats/kittens.
I decided to go first thing in the Morning and could only stay until 11:00 am, to take pictures for the Humane Society. The furry animals were taking part in the walk around the park.

I saw two people with rabbits there. One lady carried her rabbit in a pouch strapped to her chest. And another girl pushed her rabbit in a pet stroller.

There were no rabbits from the shelter that day.

72rr6x.jpg

So Zoey has been to the vet a total of 3 times for this eye problem now. At first the vet thought it was pasteurella based, after testing it, it turns out it's not that. Unfortunately, it's a bacteria the vet has never seen before and the eye drops and medication she is on are not helping. Her and Mocha have been separated to keep him from licking her, which is sad. They really miss sitting with one another. I'm hoping this gets figured out soon.

Latest posts

Back