Jezebel's pigeon noises....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cher

Reaction score
Hey all
I am in a conundrum as to where to post this, here or the VET area of the regular board.So..thought I would try here first, shuuuuuuure would appreciate any feedback from you all
Miss. Jezebel is, as we all know, a vuluptuous bunny, but not overweight. Her dewlap over the past 2 years has increased as has her 'lunch-lady' arms.
BUT...
When she grooms herself, eats or goes to have a much of those cecotropes she makes an odd noise, rather like a pigeon.
I am thinking it is her dewlap being squished and compromising or constricting the air passage ways in her throat. But not to the degree that she doesn't clean herself,
She doesn't even notice it for that matter!
Is this normal does anyone know or should I be hightailing her to a vet here in Calgary?
thanks so much guys
cher

Hi Cher,

I don't think I'd worry about it, unless she's showing signs of distress/discomfort.

My Chippy makes all kinds of noises....mostly when she excited/stressed/aggitated.
However, she often makes little hummingnoises when she's really content or happy, too. Yummy hay is reason to hum for Chippy!

All said, if you'd feel more comfortable taking her to a vet for a check up, then maybe you should.

Pebbles makes alot of noise when she grooms herself or the way she contorts herself to reach around her. It's probably the same noise that you describewith Jezebel. Pebbles even snores when she sleeps. However Pebbles does sneeze, and at times her nose is stuffy, but that is a condition she lives with andhad for along time.

I thank you both very much, it helps to know other bunnies make some sort of snorty pigeon noise (haha not to be confused with the all out grunting that they make when they are 'on the attack' even if it is playful, Jaden all out 'grunts' almost like a pot bellied pig...poor thing :)
I am going to keep a closer eye and ear on her nonetheless, since today I saw her tip over in the cage when grooming herself!
c

Latest posts

Back