Jealousy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kricket

Reaction score
Can rabbits displays feelings of jealousy? Stories? Let's discuss...

I only have one rabbit so I don't know aboutjealousy. Actually, I think she's furiously jealous that I'm outsideher cage and she's in it because of her spay. It's getting to benon-stop toy throwing and destruction, but I'm supposed to restrict hermovements for another week!

having two buns, i can say that i've seensomething that at least resembles what us humans call jealousylol.. my mr licks wants to be the center of attention*always*. even if he doesnt want to be petted, he takes offense at uspaying attention to princess. or her paying attention to us..she's 'his' and he lets us know it!

None of my bunnies are bonded, yet. (I have highhopes for all but Lily -- she has a major bunnitude!) At myhouse, we have huge fits of bunny jealousy when one is out of the cageand the others think they should be out and about. Sage isthe worst. He bangs on the door and thumps and is just acrazy man. He only stops when whoever is out goes over to seewhat his problem is. Sampson hastantrums when mydogs are outside of his cage. I really think he thinks thedogs can let him out. He bangs the door and sits and begs tobe let out. He finally gives up and flops over in a defeatedheap. It's pretty funny to see. He loves thedogs. And I'm lucky enough that they love him too -- theythrough doggy tantrumswhen he's out of the cage and theyaren't in the room with him.

Jen

"Do rabbits get jealous?"

Do they Ever!!

Tucker's the one who gets mad when he gets jealous and will dig or biteat the cage or wherever he is to show me that he is Not happy. Calijust gets her feelings hurt when the green-eyed monster shows up in herday, and Fauna expects to get her fair share of attention as soon asI'm done talking or pampering another bun. She's my least jealous ofthe crew.

Tucker is by far my biggest monster though. He gets mad and then heholds a grudge. Won't let me near him when he gets jealous, but gets soticked if I don't even try to make it up to him. It's a catch 22 withhim. No matter what I do when he gets jealous, it's wrong.

-Carolyn

Ours will get angry if another doe/buck shows up free under their hutch and those in the hutchapt to bully each other in a fit of displaced aggression. No one really gets hurt, but some fur does fly.

Buck

If I'm petting Pernod and Perry comes over tojoin in,Pernod gets jealous that she 's having to share the attention.She'll nudge me or nip, but she never takes it out on Perry - only onme. Also, I have a budgie, and if I'm talking to him, and they wantattention then they'll thump at me or pull at my trouser leg.Silly bunnies!

Jan

Carolyn wrote:
"Do rabbits get jealous?"

Do they Ever!!

Tucker's the one who gets mad when he gets jealous and will dig or biteat the cage or wherever he is to show me that he is Not happy. Calijust gets her feelings hurt when the green-eyed monster shows up in herday, and Fauna expects to get her fair share of attention as soon asI'm done talking or pampering another bun. She's my least jealous ofthe crew.

Tucker is by far my biggest monster though. He gets mad and then heholds a grudge. Won't let me near him when he gets jealous, but gets soticked if I don't even try to make it up to him. It's a catch 22 withhim. No matter what I do when he gets jealous, it's wrong.

-Carolyn
Maybe you should give your Tucker a happy pill(joking).

Calvin can get jealous, not of anythingparticular, just that I'm doing something other than petting him. lolIf he's feeling neglected he'll come up and put his head underneath myhand to let me know it's time for a petting. O:)

If I want to punish acat, all I haveto do is pet one in front of Pipp, and Pipp will go into attack mode,launching herself at the offending cat's backside and biting --hard.:shock:

(Ofcourse I don't really punish my cats that way).

;)

Pepper, :wave:

If one existed, I would! :wink:

-Carolyn

The Monkeys! get jealous, (mostly Buster) wheni'm payig attention to one of them and not the other, or when one getsout and the other has to stay in their cage.

They thump, chew the bars, and Buster likes to grab a toy and chuck itfrom one side of the cage to the other! Tucks just chews on his bars!

Monkeys! can't live with 'em, or with out 'em...

:monkey::monkey:

Latest posts

Back