Jacques tumors most likely cancerous

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Jacques had the tumors taken out today and isalready home eating hay. The vet thought that they were most likelyabscesses, however after she opened him up she said that things looked"suspicious" so she took the three of them out. They were encapsulatedand as far as I know not invading any organs. They are being sent outto pathology. I have a huge vet bill as I told her to do anything tomake the surgery easier on him..she used laser and when I picked him uphe looked as alert as when I dropped him off. I would be more upset ifhe seemed sick or in painbut he doesn't. I know what thismeans for him, however, and am much more concerned about his pal Joey.They have only been together since Nov. but I know both of them arehappy together. I am worried about Joey when he lose Jacques.I feel upset but because I have seen perfectly healthy rabbits put downat the shelter ...I guess I am used to having rabbits in my heart thatleave me. Jacques will be around for awile ..he is just to d... healthyacting to be leaving soon. Anyway this is what I suspected in the firstplace.

I am thinking of you, Jacques and Joey :pray:.Your bunnies are very lucky to have such a beautiful caring mum. Let usknow when the results come back.

Love and hugs,

Eve

Is there any chance of fatty tumors?Bestwishes to you all. Hopefully if jaque does need to be rebonded you canget him aquainted with one of your other buns. We will be thinking ofyou/themes/default/pray.gif

Its possible that the vet is wrong as sheinitially thought that they were abscesses...and even if they aremalignant there aresome tumors thatare lessaggressive. As long as I can tell that he is feeling well Iwon't dwell on it for now..at least until I get the pathologyreport. The little guy ate all his greens last night and tobe honest I could barely tell he had surgery. Joey is extremely feistyand Jacques is extremely meek and those oppositepersonalitiesare the reason they get along. Joey doesn't even get along withme..always boxing my hand when I try to pet him and he doesn't like anyof my other rabbits. I can still spend more time with him alone withoutJacques just so that he knows that there is a life beyond jacques. Iwill keep everyone up-dated and thanks for the concern. :thanks:if anyone on the forum has had experience with a bun with cancerous tumors Iwould appreciate hearing about it..good or bad!

I just PM'd you the email address for Etherbun'sSylvia and her bunny Zoe, who was diagnosed with a bad form of cancerin early December, underwent surgery and in spite of a very poorprognosis, appears to still be symptom free. :) -sas

He looks and acts really really healthy.however. I got the results of the biopsy today. He has something calledspindle cell sarcoma but as far as I can tell from this sheet(histology report) it is not an aggressive cancer and it has notinvaded any organs. I am going to take one day at a time . He seemperfectly healthy . I am concerned about Joey and am thinking that Ishould spend time alone with him in preparation for the time that heloses Jacques.

:bunnydance: I am so happy for you. Jacques sounds like a real trooper. If there is anything we can do you let us know.
Baci and Delilah

Latest posts

Back