Izzy update

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitgirl

Reaction score
Zig is apparently parasite-free, and the nextshot should make sure of that. She's her usual gentle quiet self, evenquieter lately though! They have all been lazy this past weeks exceptfor Bub.

They say the squeaky wheel gets the oil, and Bub is definitely thesqueaky wheel in this rabbit herd. Quiet Izzy doesn't make her wantsknown like he does, so I have to keep a close eye on her to make sureshe's all ok. It's hard to tell how she's feeling, since she's so slowand inobtrusive by nature. She is SO hard to read.

When we were at the vet's, she crawled forward and buried her head inmy chest. That is a pretty significant reaction for Izzy. She doesn'tget angry or aggressive, ever. There was no cold shoulder from herafter that visit, I think she's incapable of holding a grudge.

Anyway, she's eating well and everything else is just fine, so I'mhappy. I spent a long time today massaging her face and she wasblissfully comatose, so I think life is good for her now.

But the biggest good news is that I think I've found a good vet. He'snew, I believe, and quite young. I was really impressed with how slowand soothing he was with Izzy, and how he talked openly about possiblereactions to medications. He hasn't had much experiencewithrabbits, but he seems careful and willing to listen. The jury's stillout on that, buthe seems more promising than other vets I'veseen.

Rose

That's great news, Rose. So happy to hear it.

-Carolyn

I'm happy too. Zig means a lot to me, andI get worried about her. I love her in a different way than I love theother guys. Not more, just different.

I remember cryingcheek to cheek with her, my arms around herand my hands holding fistfuls of fur. That was right after I saidgoodbye to Bunbun, andI was crying so hard I couldn't seestraight.

She just stopped moving, with thatoddly eerie stillness shehas when she's trying to be comforting, solid and gentle and warm andalive. Her whole body slows down--it's so strange. I've seen her do itwith babies too, and it's veryweirdly reassuring.

I must have soaked her fur, poor thing, and she didn't care.

Izzy's just like that. She's never angry or moody or grumpy, gentlewith all young ones, whether human or bunny. It's hard to describe, butwhen you hug Izzy your breathing slows down and the world looks better.It's like she brings you down to her speed when everything getstoo much. She's simple, gentle, loving, tolerant, and totallyunselfish. She's not really smart or really funny or anything...she'sjust Iz.

It's so hard to put into words--you have to meet Iz to understand.

Unconditional love, I think that's the difference. The other guys love me for what I do for them, but Izzy loves no matter what.

I'm grateful for every day she's alive. She's really God'sspecial gift, and I worry when anything threatens her.

Rose

Latest posts

Back