Ivory's newest reasons of why she has been gone!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ivory

Reaction score
So, in September I got mono, right? I missed a week of school.

So then I wind up dropping a 5-hour class, because it's at 7:30 in the morning, and it took until the middle of October to start feeling better.

Then I get a sinus infection, need lots of shots.

As I'm feeling better from this, my grandmother suffers a massive stroke to the basilar artery and passes away not a week later. This is November 5th.

Since then, 3 of my grades are A's, I'm almost failing chemistry. So I'm retaking it as a Wintersession class. For those that don't know, Wintersession is from 9:00-12:30, for two weeks, on Monday through Saturday.

So goodbye to about half of my winter break, but its' ok, I can handle it. My grades, despite this one bad one, are not so terrible. I will remain above the 3.0 mark.

I am normally very good at chemistry, but, after missing 2+ weeks of class and having a teacher who hasn't been there 1/2 the time I AM there, it has caused my grade to fall behind. I'm not terribly worried as I will do well in intersession.

So that's been my semester in a nutshell! The buns are doing well. I have pictures that will be posted today.

Also, had I mentioned before that Ivory (my namesake) passed away a few months ago? I don't remember if I posted in the Rainbow Bridge. I miss her. :( But she lived out her days happily at the rescue....

Oh my gosh, what a terrible time you've had! I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother and about Ivory.:( May they both rest in peace.

I had mono (glandular fever as it's known over here) last year, about the same time and it's just horrible- it took me months to feel back to normal, it really sucks the life out of you.

I hope that you start feeling better and that things start to look up for you soon! Sending lots of good luck vibes your way :hug:

They have been looking up, but it's just really saddening to think that my grandmother isn't here anymore, its so strange because you just never think of them as being gone, and she is. I'm never going to see her again.

On a funnier note, my parents thought it was hilarious that I was a pallbearer for the funeral, and actually helped carry it/push it into the tomb. I wore a boutonniere and everything. When it came time for us to throw it into the tomb, I threw mine all the way to the front so it could be closer to Maw Maw. I also have a flower from her arrangement. My mom got me one of Maw's favorite crystal bells and a few bird statues, and some recipes, and some of her hats. I'm still really sad :(

I am so sorry for everything you've been through! UGH! Mono is awful! That can take months to recuperate from! Feel better hun! And get lots of rest. If you don't, you can relapse.

And I am truly sorry over the loss of your grandmother. I was very, very close to my husband's grandmother. No loss has ever hit me so hard. I was SO blessed to have known her. Your Maw Maw will always be in your heart... and she will always hear you if you talk to her. :hug:

Goodness,i'm so sorry for everything that is going on in your life

Glad to hear the bunnies are doing well though

I am SO sorry and I know that it's difficult. It seems like I could use an additional 24 hours each day!

Thanks guys. Yeah It's really hard...it's been rough but I guess I'm getting thru it.

Latest posts

Back