I've got a wall chewer

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyRae

Reaction score
:mad::mad:hubby is soooo mad. She is the worst chewer I've had. NOTHING I mean NOTHING is safe.

Oh no!:? Have you tried some toys to distract her? Maybe using other things she can shred like a box of paper or a phone book. Also you could try some of that bitter tasting spray, that might make her stop if she gets a nasty taste in her mouth when she tries to chew the wallpaper.

I've found that you can get stain pens to repair woodwork that is stained. People don't even notice......... :shhhh

Walls,....... uhhh..... no clue. Sorry.

lol - I know what you mean. My buns are pretty bad at times. I have a bucket of spackle (for repairing my drywall) and extra paint in my basement that I have to use from time to time.... I have not been able to completely curb the behavior although like Bunnys_rule said - giving her other things to chew on will help.

Try cardboard boxes forher to shread or get some hay cubes or apple twigs for to chew at. It helps with my 2.

Good luck

Oh, we also spray apple bitters to keep Bo from chewing, but I don't know how that would work on the wall......

If we tell him "NO!" ..... he thinks that's just great and shakes his ears and binkies away...... for about 2 seconds so we can "play" again. :disgust:

she has TONS of stuff to chew. And we don't have wall paper, she's chewing the molding where the floor meets the wall. She has 2 cardboard boxes, a wooden house, tons of newspaper, a dangling wooden toy with a bell. I'm telling ya.. She's like 3 terrible 2's lol

But she's sooooooo cute.

You should see our spare bedroom (well actually it's Wilbur & Jackie's room), the base boards are chewed up, the molding is chewed up. We actually put wood around the baseboards.

Good luck

Soooska:apollo:

Get her a playpen so she can play when you don't have time to watch her like a hawk. That's what I did for Gretchen. I put her in her playpen and when I am done with dinner, etc. and I can watch her closely, I let her out. Keep a squirt bottle next to you and squirt her when she starts to chew. Gretchen has learned pretty well, although I could not just her unsupervised.

How old is your bun? Gretchen is still young. I think she will settle down a bit eventually.

Some people just let their buns chew stuff up, but I'm too picky I guess. I love her to death...but I don't want her to destroy nice things.

I've made my whole living room their playpen. The walls are ringed with NIC panels and boards. :)

THe only thing mine seem to like chewing more than walls are dried apple tree branches.

sas

That reminds me Pip. Sometimes I use the play pen like a fence to block her from problem areas when I am letting her run around the living room.

It was worth every penny.

NIC cube panels would do the same and be cheaper.

Our bunns were having a hey day ripping the drywall when we were doing our renovations! I didn't have Ivory or whatever one it was I read that was good...so I substituted Palmolive (my grandma washed out my mouth with it and it worked for me!;)) The little buggers never touched the drywall again! When we were ready to put up the new baseboard we used a damp cloth and wiped it off! No muss no fuss and no chewy bunnies!:D

My bunny has ate the bottom of my door today ! He is a giant bunny so twice as much damage , he seems to eat anything wooden.He also lieks to rip carpets and wall paper.

Latest posts

Back