It's time for number 3?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tally943

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I haven't been on for a while , mainly because the rabbits have been so great! I have 2 , Patrick (boy, Dutch , fixed) and Dolly (girl, Mini-Rex, fixed)and I am ready for number 3! So when I was in the process of getting dolly , I read on here that boy and girl pairs well together (and they did!) but what about a group of three?

Also, I let Dolly into Patrick's area for a little time each day , should I do the same with the new rabbit , or one on one?

Any help is great!

Thanks,

Carly

Imbrium recently introduced a boy to her bonded girls, there's a thread about it in the blogging board. :)

I'd be inclined to guess another boy would generally be easier, since boy/boy pairings tend to be easier to forge than girl/girl. That being said, at the end of the day it will of course come down to their own personalities.

I got my new rabbit yesterday, Rupert! He is a 3 year old Harlequin (fixed). So far things are going good, he wasn't litter box trained so I'm working on that, and right now he is just in a big dog cage and I don't plan on taking him out until Patrick and Dolly get used to him. So far , Patrick is really angry and is biting him through the cage. Rupert is laid back about it and doesn't bite back (which is good, right?) Rupert loves Dolly ,while she could care less about the whole thing. So I really want to work on bonding Patrick and Rupert, any suggestions? I was going to let them get used to each other through the cage and then put them in a neutral territory and hope for the best. Then just do that everyday until they start liking each other more, and eventually turn Rupert into a house rabbits with the others.

What a cutie! Post regularly about the process. Someday after my buns are out of breeding age I will neuter/spay them and It would be helpful to see how you do it.

I could really use some advice or ideas on bonding my 2 male rabbits. This morning , decided to place them both in neutral territory , which seemed be ok at first, but Patrick started acting very aggressively towards Rupert. It would be find for 5 minutes, and then he will chase Rupert around eventually pull Rupert's hair before I get a chance to break them up. Is this normal for the first time they are meet? I am going to let Dolly out to see Rupert now , and try with Patrick again tomorrow.

Rupert and Dolly did ok together. Basically, she just ran around while Rupert tried to mount her, but she didn't seem unhappy about it. Hopefully these two will get along! :clover:

Todays bonding went well at start, but Patrick had a little freak accident. His nail got stuck in the carpet , and ripped off. :(

It said online to just clean it up and put anti-bacterial ointment on it , so I did that , and he seems fine. But, now I am going to wait a while to try bonding again so Patricks toe can heal.

Before the accident, it wasn't just Patrick pulling out Rupert's hair and trying to mount him, Rupert was doing it to Patrick too. Not sure if this is good or bad , but hopefully once one of them successfully mounts the other , they will stop fighting.

Latest posts

Back